Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:40 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,368 times

Advertisements

How bout a Hawaii chat thread??? Any interest?? Like the Alaska thread??

Favor to anyone watching the Olympics. Tomarrow night mens speed skating is my long friends nephew JR CELSKI. If you can root for him send him great energy that would be awsome!!

He is an amazing kid/young man. He could have been in the last Olympics but they didn't let him go because of his age. He was a contender for huge amount of Medals but in September was in a accident and put his skate into his theigh. One inch from his artery.

He didn't hit the ice until Thanksgiving again. Lost 12 lbs off the theigh from surgery. He has been skating (believe it or not know the family) since he was three, as his choice. Apollo and his brother were friends and grew up in the same town. He is an amazing story before he wins tomarrow!! But has worked soo hard to come back!!

Mahalo for any good thoughts!!

Last edited by 7th generation; 02-13-2010 at 06:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Whaoo for the good thoughts!! Bronze!!

Old 02-14-2010, 01:06 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,589,484 times
Congrats!!!

They told his story and showed the fall. Thats a nice comeback!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 02:13 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,509,944 times
We watched too. One heck of a comeback!
Congrats!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:25 AM

287 posts, read 1,371,883 times
Your nephew, JR, did great nwcountry...Iam in Vancouver right now. Came here for 1 week to see the Olympics. My wife thought it would be a good idea to take a little vacation....wow what a scene! Great atmosphere, friendly people. I met two people from Hawaii so far. One from the BI and another from Oahu. I tried to get tickets for the Canada Vs. USA hockey game....they were $800 each! My wife look at me and politely said %^&*(%$#! So to make a long story short we didn't buy them. The opening ceremonies were awesome. Lots of pavilions to see from around the world. I went to Whistler to see the ski jumping...amazing! I also wanted to see the Jamaican bobsled team...but they did not come to the winter Olympics this this time. I know this is off topic, but I thought I would share.

VanHa

Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM

287 posts, read 1,371,883 times
Bye the way...I also would like to see a Hawaii chat thread....Van

Old 02-16-2010, 12:04 PM

Sounds like fun VanHa! Enjoy yourself! Vancouver is a neat place to explore, however I am sure it is a little more crowded than normal. Thanks everyone for the cheering and good thoughts! Now he gets to be in a few other of the races being he proved himself as coming back!

On a Hawaii note. I sure have noticed a drop in the whales I have been seeing on East Side and also in Kohala area the week. I know I was getting completly spoiled by the amount I was seeing on each side but saw my first couple of blows in 4 days. Anyone else seeing more or less than the last couple of weeks???

Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post

On a Hawaii note. I sure have noticed a drop in the whales I have been seeing on East Side and also in Kohala area the week. I know I was getting completly spoiled by the amount I was seeing on each side but saw my first couple of blows in 4 days. Anyone else seeing more or less than the last couple of weeks???

NOOO! I'm goona miss em!!!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM

649 posts, read 3,444,029 times
No worries... they'll be back. You are planning on staying a while, no?

Old 02-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbeet View Post
No worries... they'll be back. You are planning on staying a while, no?
Well lets put it this way.

I'm not planning on leaving!

Hawaii has been in my heart for 34 years .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii