Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 AM

10 posts, read 18,316 times

Advertisements

Aloha,

Any suggestions for eating for vegetarians? We are fairly flexible in the type cuisine. We like vegetarian chinese food, Indian is good. Subway is always an option. Mexican works as long as chicken/beef/lard base/broth is not used.

Any other suggestions? Please let me know.

We'll be there soon. It is our first time.

Mahalo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 AM

243 posts, read 813,429 times
Hello RickShaw1. Which island are you heading to? - That will give you better (possible) places to eat.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,051,580 times
My vegetarian friends like to eat at a Korean place up in Waimea when they visit the Big Island.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM

94 posts, read 319,097 times
Not the OP, but how about vegetarian options on Oahu (Honolulu specifically)? Especially anything that won't totally break the bank.
My girlfriend is thinking about grad school at UH at Manoa and great vegetarian food was one thing that got her excited about some of the other options.

Alternatively, how common is vegetarianism in Hawaii/on Oahu? I can't decide if the Asian influences would make it more or less common.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,306,292 times
in Maui

Down To Earth - Kahului

Fresh Mint - Paia

Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods - Kihei

Joy's Place - Kihei

Mana Foods - Paia

Outpost Natural Foods - Kaunakakai

South Shore Tiki Lounge - Kalama Village - Kihei

Veg Out - Haiku

Old 03-07-2010, 02:30 PM

This is OP. Thanks for the quick feedback.

I will be Oahu. I did a search on this forum found the following:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/hawai...ml#post9106802

Old 03-07-2010, 03:43 PM

243 posts, read 813,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickShaw1 View Post
This is OP. Thanks for the quick feedback.

I will be Oahu. I did a search on this forum found the following:

Hello again. Not sure what happened but the link in your recent post is not working...

If you like Indian food (which I believe is what you posted), you should try Cafe Maharani in Honolulu off of King street. Or there are two other sister restaurants in Waikiki called Keoni's by Keo OR Keo's Thai Cuisine. Here is a website that I found which pretty much shows all the good spots to go (in my opinion that is). Hope this helps.

Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants -HappyCow- Health Food / Vegan Dining Hawaii, HI -Sorted by Veg Type

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM

682 posts, read 2,795,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayteefoster View Post
Not the OP, but how about vegetarian options on Oahu (Honolulu specifically)? Especially anything that won't totally break the bank.
My girlfriend is thinking about grad school at UH at Manoa and great vegetarian food was one thing that got her excited about some of the other options.

Alternatively, how common is vegetarianism in Hawaii/on Oahu? I can't decide if the Asian influences would make it more or less common.
UH Manoa has 2 veggie plate lunch places on campus (Govinda's and DaSpot). The Indian place on campus also does veggie plates.

Honolulu is pretty veggie-friendly. There are some cool markets near campus, and many of the restaurants have veggie options. (Pretty standard for a college town.)

Old 03-08-2010, 07:54 AM

Hope this link works..

Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 PM

91 posts, read 279,239 times
Vegan on Oahu here...

My fave places to eat are:

Hale Macrobiotic for a nice sit down dinner - HALE Macrobiotic Restaurant - Welcome to HALE Modern Macrobiotic Cuisine
Licious Dishes for take away food - http://www.e-liciousdishes.com/
Down to Earth for the hot buffet, and the deli, and of course the groceries
Pyramid for some mediterranean flair - The Pyramid Restaurant, Fine Middle Eastern Cuisine (http://habibihawaii.com/pyramid.html - broken link)

Yum. Now I'm hungry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii