Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:46 PM

117 posts, read 145,058 times

Advertisements

i am looking for states in US that does not get cold, vegas gets cold, so is AZ. does FL gets cold? i honestly am just tired of IL winter. i am done with snow. just wanna know if there are jobs out there in HI since i can't find any job since may 09.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 06:39 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,048,600 times
No, unless you have a professional degree.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,548,869 times
Hawaii firms do not like to hire "newbies" to the islands. Lots of reasons why.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:49 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,429,249 times
Thumbs up So anyway...

Aloha Evofreaks...
If you don't mind bussing tables, raking leaves or other work that won't provide health insurance you will have no problem at all. I did it... worked a few different part-time jobs, met alot of great people and made excellent contacts for future reference. Don't be swayed. Pack 'er up and come on out.
A hui hou.
Koale

Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 PM

40 posts, read 80,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koale View Post
aloha evofreaks...
If you don't mind bussing tables, raking leaves or other work that won't provide health insurance you will have no problem at all. I did it... Worked a few different part-time jobs, met alot of great people and made excellent contacts for future reference. Don't be swayed. Pack 'er up and come on out.
A hui hou.
Koale
amen!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:32 PM

117 posts, read 145,058 times
can you link me to where i can find jobs there? thanks positive posters. not so much to the negaters. what about housing and food costs. is it really inexpensive? i know honolulu and other major cities are expensive, but then again ALL other major cities in the whole world is. so preferably rural towns close to the cities.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:35 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,468,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Aloha Evofreaks...
If you don't mind bussing tables, raking leaves or other work that won't provide health insurance you will have no problem at all. I did it... worked a few different part-time jobs, met alot of great people and made excellent contacts for future reference. Don't be swayed. Pack 'er up and come on out.
A hui hou.
Koale
You gonna take him in when he can't find work to pay the rent?

OP, Hawaii is like everywhere else, or worse. If you aren't finding random jobs to pay the bills and live the life you want to, I don't see how you would in Hawaii. Don't move anywhere without finding a job first.

Last edited by winkosmosis; 05-16-2010 at 10:44 PM..

Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,429,249 times
Thumbs up gee...

Well, Wink...
Noone needed to take me in. I'm way past the point on this forum of having to advise anyone to have some funds with them. Way past the point of coddling and worrying that we will have another homeless victim on our hands to have to support. Noone seemed to worry about it when I packed my backpack and headed out. I landed, knew I was going to need to eat when I got here, knew I was going to have to provide shelter. Transportation was either a vehicle or my thumb. Gotta tell ya, the thumb was alot cheaper than any car I've ever owned and all-in-all, just about as reliable. I'm sure our OP will be just fine. Mangos and avocadoes are free and quite good for you, actually. Like I said, he/she will be just fine, I have no worries. Could end up to be a future Police Chief or even better... a future Politician of our fine State.
w/Aloha,
Koale

Old 05-17-2010, 12:13 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,468,580 times
The problem is you're making him think it's practical to move here with no job and get by "raking leaves". The idea that Hawaii is some kind of promised land where you an get by stealing fruits and sleeping on the beach or doing "odd jobs" to pay your rent is why so many homeless and surfer bums come here.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:19 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,048,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
The problem is you're making him think it's practical to move here with no job and get by "raking leaves". The idea that Hawaii is some kind of promised land where you an get by stealing fruits and sleeping on the beach or doing "odd jobs" to pay your rent is why so many homeless and surfer bums come here.
I agree, without money or a job lined up it would be foolish to move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: