Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2020, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 443 times

Advertisements

Ok so here's my situation and I'm desperately in need of advice or if anyone can answer my questions.

My wife and I have a subsidy with the Marketplace and my daughter Medicaid. Back in March
the Marketplace said they had not received my income information. I knew I had sent it but didn't
argue and sent again. They then said since they hadn't received in time they had withdrawn my
subsidy. So BCBS NC then sends me a bill for April and May $2,990 each month. I called BCBS & they say
call Healthcare Marketplace. Marketplace says send appeal which I do and mark as an emergency as per their instructions. I have called Appeals twice and they say they're almost done and on last step.
Now I come to find today BCBS NC has terminated my policy!!!!

When I initially called the Marketplace in March after they notified me our subsidy was withdrawn, they took a new application and approved us for a subsidy beginning June 1. So now I have no idea if on June
1 we will be covered again??? My wife has surgery scheduled for July and she has to have this. So very
obviously we need Health Insurance!!

I can't call anyone till Tuesday so in the meantime I don't know if we will be covered in June??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 06:11 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,518,088 times
No one here can answer this for you. Call on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance