Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 01:59 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times

Advertisements

I was in an ER last August. About 3 months later I get a bill. They had billed the wrong insurance company. I call and tell them they made a mistake and gave them my insurance info again. They thank me. Today I get the bill again. I called them again. They claim I never called them the first time. And I tell them again, they billed the wrong insurance company, and they are threatening to sue me. The only info I gave them at the ER was MY insurance. They even made a copy of my card.
Not the first time that this has happened. Are all these billing people incompetent? I guess if they turn it over to a collection agency, I will just sue them.
I would not go back to that ER again anyway. When they released me, I had blood running down my arm from where they had drawn blood. I said something and they assured me it would be ok. After I got in my car I got it stopped bleeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2022, 05:41 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
I had this happen once. Whenever I talked to the insurance company, I took good notes: the name of the person I talked to, the date and time I talked to them. They probably have all this information in their system but by repeating it to them during a subsequent call (and if needed to a bill collector) might help.

Recreate the date, time and name of the people you talked to for both calls if you have that information. Keep a word or excel file of the data if you can. Good luck!

Old 05-03-2022, 07:43 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,868 times
Keep bugging them - maybe call in a week to follow up. A lot of mistakes are made with billing insurance and many people don't even pay attention or notice it.

Old 05-08-2022, 09:43 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I was in an ER last August. About 3 months later I get a bill. They had billed the wrong insurance company. I call and tell them they made a mistake and gave them my insurance info again. They thank me. Today I get the bill again. I called them again. They claim I never called them the first time. And I tell them again, they billed the wrong insurance company, and they are threatening to sue me. The only info I gave them at the ER was MY insurance. They even made a copy of my card.
Not the first time that this has happened. Are all these billing people incompetent? I guess if they turn it over to a collection agency, I will just sue them.
I would not go back to that ER again anyway. When they released me, I had blood running down my arm from where they had drawn blood. I said something and they assured me it would be ok. After I got in my car I got it stopped bleeding.

You have to keep notes on who you spoke to with time and date so that if you have to call back, you have that information.

Someone there was sloppy when they were clicking in the computer, sounds like they tried to bill someone else's insurance. Apparently they do a search of your name to select your current insurance, or that's what I've heard. It's some sort of insurance database.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance