Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you terminate your pregnancy?
I'm pro-choice, YES 20 62.50%
I'm pro-life, YES (I don't expect anyone to pick this) 1 3.13%
I'm pro-choice, NO 4 12.50%
I'm pro-life, NO 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times

Advertisements

[quote=JustJulia;14726988
A three-month-old fetus is not thinking anything, let alone feeling sorry for itself and the life it will lead. As other people have pointed out, people with trisomy 21 lead happy, productive lives.[/quote]

Your first response on here was a flat no. Mine was that I am pro-choice with my own interjections on the matter. See the difference? We are on a completely different page and I don't wish or need to debate this with you, although it seems that's what you're looking for! My original opinion stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM

81 posts, read 190,340 times
Kids with Downs can never function in society normally. they can never support themselves and be independant.. We have children to love and watch them grow up and one day take care of us. I believe in the olden days ppl had so many children b/c most of them died (obviously the weak and sick dying first) this doesnt happen today we save EVERYONE! I know you love your child etc. but LOVE them enough to say I'm letting you go now while I have the chance b/c life will be meaningless for you.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
With all due respect those DS people have the IQ of young children. How many young children take their own life?
Exactly! It's not like they're even aware of their limitations.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:13 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
The best thing about abortion is that it is a form of "natural selection"... I'm a "glass half full" person.

At least people who think that a baby isn't a baby until it's born (or unless it's 'perfect') aren't reproducing or raising another generation.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Your first response on here was a flat no. Mine was that I am pro-choice with my own interjections on the matter. See the difference? We are on a completely different page and I don't wish or need to debate this with you, although it seems that's what you're looking for! My original opinion stands.
Oh, I'm not debating you. I'm pointing out that your statement was a dumb thing to say.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:39 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
My oldest daughter was severely disabled. Her condition was not genetic or present at birth, but was acquired later.

She was the sweetest, most loving, wonderful child I have ever met. She was also happy. Just because she couldn't speak the words to tell me that doesn't mean I couldn't tell. She touched so many people's lives. She was truly amazing. She changed my life for the better in countless ways.

Why in the world would anyone take that away on purpose?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM

948 posts, read 3,356,646 times
Default Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtree2222 View Post
THANK YOU! I'm having a hard time finding ppl who agree with me on this.
These tests are not 100% reliable and when you consider lab error, you could end up aborting a healthy baby. BUT, downs children/adults are some of the most sweetest people to meet. I think they have a lot to offer the world.Now, we have to move on to quality of life debate--who is the jury on that?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, I'm not debating you. I'm pointing out that your statement was a dumb thing to say.
You're the one baiting! You seem to have only your own agenda in mind and resort to just short of name calling when it isn't acknowledged as you see fit. Screams temper tantrum melt down to me and I don't find what you've had to say particularly articulate or thought provoking either!

Since more have voted for pro-choice it would seem you are in the minority

Old 06-22-2010, 03:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
At least people who think that a baby isn't a baby until it's born (or unless it's 'perfect') aren't reproducing or raising another generation.
Of course, this discussion was likely to take this direction. I’m only surprised it took so long. By the same token, we can say that many who have reproduced shouldn't have.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
About 9 out of 10 mothers/couples who learn as a result of screening that the developing fetus will have Down's terminate the pregnancy.

I hope I'm never in that position and I would never judge or shame someone who elected to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness