Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 01:10 AM

1 posts, read 572 times

Advertisements

I used kaboom to clean my bathroom and it almost kaboom me instantly. I had to be rushed to the er bc my O2 stats was 48 and declining. I came extremely close to being put on the breathing machine. The doctor said if I would had waited a few more mins I would of died. I was that bad off. I was admitted to the hospital and in the icu bc of this cleaner. I think this cleaner need to re-evaluated or taken off the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 AM

2,893 posts, read 2,141,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
You may be allergic to sulfates which are one of the ingredients in this product. Is your inhaler Albuterol (steroids)? If so it may stop the allergic reaction. Vitamin B6 supplements may help with sulfate allergies.
albuterol is not a steroid, it is a beta-agonist.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:58 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
I have never seen Kaboom but if I do....will steer clear, sounds dangerous!

Old 01-01-2019, 12:10 AM

6,147 posts, read 4,511,316 times
I've had this problem for years and it's not specific to Kaboom. Some people with a particular allergy may react more strongly to it, but for me, I became aware of the problem using X-14 It had the most caustic stink. I was younger and healthier in general, so no ER or inhaler, but I later had a similar reaction when I decided to paint something with nail polish, and finally I realized most chemicals I inhaled would affect my upper respiratory system and sinuses and I would end up sick and hoarse and sore for three weeks. So I've been cleaning with hot water and e cloths for a long time. Even some of the ecologically friendly cleaners have scents that I react to, so I'm just destined not to have the cleanest home on earth. This doesn't make me happy, but it beats the alternative.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:02 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
You may be allergic to sulfates which are one of the ingredients in this product. Is your inhaler Albuterol (steroids)? If so it may stop the allergic reaction. Vitamin B6 supplements may help with sulfate allergies.
and never to use the product again .. ever.....The problem is that we should all be complaining about products that affect our health in any way.... if we dont nothing will ever be done to change it...

Old 01-10-2019, 07:37 AM

1,183 posts, read 707,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.uniquediv View Post
I used kaboom to clean my bathroom and it almost kaboom me instantly. I had to be rushed to the er bc my O2 stats was 48 and declining. I came extremely close to being put on the breathing machine. The doctor said if I would had waited a few more mins I would of died. I was that bad off. I was admitted to the hospital and in the icu bc of this cleaner. I think this cleaner need to re-evaluated or taken off the market.

No we don't need any more hand-holding for people who simply fail to follow instructions. The bit on the label about "adequate ventilation" means "adequate ventilation." Tens of thousands of people use it without any issue.

Please read the label before you use any cleaning product. Because people don't read labels we also have people mixing cleaning products that cannot be mixed and then an actual real kaboom occurs, as reported every few months somewhere in the country

There's only so much hand holding that can be done.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 AM

1,183 posts, read 707,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I've had this problem for years and it's not specific to Kaboom. Some people with a particular allergy may react more strongly to it, but for me, I became aware of the problem using X-14 It had the most caustic stink. I was younger and healthier in general, so no ER or inhaler, but I later had a similar reaction when I decided to paint something with nail polish, and finally I realized most chemicals I inhaled would affect my upper respiratory system and sinuses and I would end up sick and hoarse and sore for three weeks. So I've been cleaning with hot water and e cloths for a long time. Even some of the ecologically friendly cleaners have scents that I react to, so I'm just destined not to have the cleanest home on earth. This doesn't make me happy, but it beats the alternative.

This is a good approach - if one is very sensitive to scents and more, then changing one's tolerance of cleanliness is a pretty zen way to deal with it. After all, our modern day obsession with clean appearance (I'm guilty of it for sure) is way past the level needed for simple health and sanitation.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 314 times
my daughter use it to clean and she break out with big bumps in her arm and her back i gave her benadryl thinking that work today i check on her it got worse i got to take her to the hospital it nothing is working on her i will not buy it again kaboom spray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness