Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,999,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
Oh ok that's why did she loose weight? Because some women have more fatty breast tissue than dense breast tissue so they loose the breast weight as they are loosing weight.
No- Not with her. It's seriously just because she had those twins. She is the same weight now (if not a little heavier) than she was before she got pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
That response really irratated me. Obviously, you've never dealt with large breasts. The OP stated she has large breasts, and most of us burdened with that have done the 'right bra', and 'been fit' many years ago and many time over. That's all I'm going to say, other than if you haven't lived with it then you don't know what you're talking about.
I have dealt with them - and the right bra made a world of difference.

Quote:
To the OP: Tears nearly welled in my eyes when I read your post, because I know exactly what you are experiencing with the boob jokes, being stared at, being treated like you're promiscuous, not being able to find swimsuits that fit your breasts that don't make you look like something your granny would wear, having button down shirts that always pop open (unless you pin them) and having a very limited choice of summer clothes.
Perhaps you might want to reread some of my posts. There is clothing that can be stylish - and even sexy - without emphasizing the bust. The issue of the button down shirt is actually addressed in one of the videos I linked to. Another link was about swimwear that I do not believe is too matronly.

One side effect of the growing problem of obesity in this country has been to wake up clothing manufacturers to the fact that not every woman fits the preconceived notions of standard dress sizes - not just for those who are overweight but those for whom there is a discrepancy in proportions - whether it's being top heavy or bottom heavy.

Most of us wish there was some aspect of our anatomy that was more attractive. Figure defects can be disguised with the right clothing. If you are top heavy and want to wear tight shirts, you are drawing attention to the bust.

On a lighter side:

Dame Helen Mirren, in a bikini:

Helen Mirren the bikini queen reigns supreme at 63 | Mail Online

And another take on large breasts:

Are big breasts always beautiful? - Times Online

Classy clothes and the right attitude can do a lot to dissuade the immature males in your vicinity from making inappropriate comments.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,349,149 times
I feel your "pain" too.

I found some nice larger bras online by Googling, and ordering from different sites. I dream of owning a Victoria's Secret bra... but it will never happen.

Two of my closest girlfriends have told me that i'd look SOOOO much thinner if i had a breast reduction... but i just dont think i could go thru that surgery. I've only ever had one surgery in my life, and that was enuf.

And it was medically necessary... I just dont think i could do an elective one.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Two of my closest girlfriends have told me that i'd look SOOOO much thinner if i had a breast reduction...
Let me guess, your two "friends" have much smaller chests then you... The best way to look thinner, is to get thinner - by diet and exercise. Women can "look" thinner by wearing push bras (or getting a new properly fitting bra that provides lift), body shapers and corsets. The idea is you make your waist smaller and shape yourself into an hourglass. Taking off the top of the hourglass is counter productive. Liposuction to the abdomen maybe, but not a breast reduction.

My wife is a 38F and doesn't have a problem with straps digging in or back pain. I think the OP just needs the right sized bra. Elective surgery is a last resort and I personally don't think D cups warrant that. You can possibly affect milk production and sensitivity by making them smaller (but not if you get implants, FWIW), not to mention the scarring you'd have for the rest of your life. If you are tired of all the comments and jokes, I'd suggest hanging around better people - particularly women with larger boobs. I mean, what is it you are wearing that people are constantly saying you look like a hooker? That's insane.

Last edited by Tourian; 03-29-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 12:51 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,437 times
In some ways, women are lucky in being able to purchase the size they want to be. They can be smaller, they can be larger.

It is certainly true that the weight is a continual burden that also adds insulation that accentuates excessive heat. I used to think "oh lucky lady". Men will run to open a door or buy a drink for a curvy lady.

Then I got a large cat that I call "Mr. Rotundity. His favorite thing is to sit on my chest. He often falls asleep on my chest. It is like having a heating pad on me. The weight is very, very noticeable.

Moderator cut: sorry but off topic

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-29-2011 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 03:27 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,349,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Let me guess, your two "friends" have much smaller chests then you... The best way to look thinner, is to get thinner - by diet and exercise. Women can "look" thinner by wearing push bras (or getting a new properly fitting bra that provides lift), body shapers and corsets. The idea is you make your waist smaller and shape yourself into an hourglass. Taking off the top of the hourglass is counter productive. Liposuction to the abdomen maybe, but not a breast reduction.
Yeah, true about the friends I guess. But when you are short, and from the side you are wide (there is only a certain amount of LIFTING that can be done to the breasts at a certain age), I think it makes you look 'fatter' sometimes - to the eye lol.

I would never get liposuction either.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 PM

441 posts, read 2,108,807 times
Quote:
Wow Thank you SouthernBelle in Utah, I'm going to snatch myself a pair!
Thanks for the info.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM

77 posts, read 466,322 times
Quote:
I've been daydreaming about the day where nasty jokes about my boobs will stop such as : " your boobs constitue 50% of your weight" " You will never be able to drown , your boobs will keep you floating" ect.. and I want that day to be NOW

I'm 24, 110 lbs, 5"3 and I'm TIRED of my size D boobs! I know some people would probably laugh at me thinking some women would kill for them but NOT ME!

I would say that my reason for wanting breast reduction is more a self image issue than medical. I'm tired of spending forever to find "the right bra", tired of not having anything fit properly, tired of being looked at like I'm a hooker, tired of avoiding going to the beach because they make my body look disproportionated, tired of feeling this constant heavy weight on my chest when I'm working out and so much more!

I'm sorry for ranting so much but I'm miserable! My husband is very supportive but I'm worrying about some of the complications such as loss of sensation in the nipple and the inability to breastfeed. I don't have any kids yet but I might want them in the future and I would like to breastfeed.
I want to drop from 2 sizes only (from D to B) do you think that will affect my ability to breastfeed since they won't be taking out much? Should I go for it or endure the pain of hiding my body until I decide to have a kid?

Any feedbacks from anyone out there who had breasts reduction would be appreciated..especially those who did it for self image issue! Thank you
Hey big boobs are very attractive. you are a lucky girl. I looooove big boobs please don't kill them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness