Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Meditation: aura, studies, blood pressure, concentration, development.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 AM

4 posts, read 9,005 times

Advertisements

I completely believe in intuition. Once, my oldest daughter was in another state visiting her grandmother and I was attending a class. Right before lunch, I got the oddest feeling like I had been rear ended in a car crash. I immediately went and checked on all my kids, turns out my oldest daughter had indeed been rear-ended sitting at a red light.

Another time, one of my daughters who is deathly allergic to peanuts was at her friends house while I was grocery shopping with my hubby. I remember so clearly, we were looking at ice cream all of a sudden, without explanation I looked at him and said I need to call "Sam". Before I could finish dialing the number, her friends dad was on the phone telling me that he had accidently exposed her to peanuts.

There have been other examples, but these the most recent. My oldest daughter also has these "feelings". And I can tell you, I have learned the hard way not to ignore them. For the longest time, I tried to "rationalize" them away. Since I have choosen to just accpet them, life is a lot easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 AM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post

My resolve has thus shifted to not asking why do I have intuition... but towards, how can I experience it more and sharpen the skill.
I agree everyone has intuition, and my goal and focus too has been to sharpen it, refine it, cultivate it, and strengthen it. In this I get to be my own "kitchen experiment" using trial and error. I have learned to trust my gut now matter what PERIOD. Doesn't mean my life is perfect, but it does mean I have a lot more "information" at hand to make decisions and live a quality life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
I would propose that each of us would do well to approach anyone who analyzes your color, or life-path, or past-lives, or future with great skepticism. The wisest people I've met would never attempt such a thing while those that have have turned out to be mere con artists.
I disagree. Yes there are con artists and it is my gut that tells me when these people are not worth their fee. But I have also benefited immensely from skilled readers who have offered me information just when I needed it that made a huge difference in my life, or when ill in my healing process. The key for me has been not to trust blindly in what any reader tells me, but to take responsibility for my own decisions and my own health and my own life.

But if what the reader tells me "rings true" in my core, and yes intuition is immensely valuable for me in hearing and knowing the "ring of inner truth," then it can be very beneficial. I am grateful to the readers over the years who have offered their skills and gifts to me.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:04 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
DiamondD wrote:
Yes there are con artists and it is my gut that tells me when these people are not worth their fee. But I have also benefited immensely from skilled readers who have offered me information just when I needed it that made a huge difference in my life, or when ill in my healing process. The key for me has been not to trust blindly in what any reader tells me, but to take responsibility for my own decisions and my own health and my own life.
But if what the reader tells me "rings true" in my core, and yes intuition is immensely valuable for me in hearing and knowing the "ring of inner truth," then it can be very beneficial. I am grateful to the readers over the years who have offered their skills and gifts to me.
Good for you. Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to take responsibility for themselves and the decisions they make. Those who refuse to do so, love to blame it on somebody else. It's much easier to find a scapegoat than it is to acknowledge that I made a mistake.

blessings....Franco

Old 12-06-2007, 10:41 AM

98 posts, read 350,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
This is EXCELLENT. Everyone has intuition. Some people listen to it, develop it, learn to fine tune it, and like any other "muscle" or skill, it grows stronger when used and cultivated.

Personally my intuition has saved my skin so many times I am thrilled to give it the respect it and attention it deserves! Sometimes my best "proof" of intuition existing and being right on the mark, is when I do ignore it or override it, and then the situation blows up in my face and I regret it.
I think you nailed this one. Intuition, gut instict whatever you want to call it, people ignore it. Everyone has it, some people are just more tuned in. That first few minutes of talking to someone new...you can peg them pretty quickly. Some people take longer, so I tread lightly. Knowing who's on the phone before you look at it. Knowing the color of someone's new car before they tell you. That feeling in your gut something's not right, you remove yourself from the situation and you feel better. You never knew if anything actually would have happened but your stomach untied itself from the knots it was in. Little things like that. If you pay closer attention you may notice that stuff. I don't meditate, I don't know if aura's exist and I don't know how to explain it. It just is.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM

919 posts, read 3,184,408 times
I think many of us have this at birth but we lose it over time cause we do not develop it and grow that gift..we listen to things that sway us away from believing in us and the media too...I have spent alot of time away from the TV, Radio and etc and I had felt myself grow in ways beyond belief ...i also had to move myself out of my religion caues it was too negative too, I found that I am a very strong person and have alot of abliities that I would of otherwise not believed in.

I am usually very vague with people who i feel a sense of anger from...and I have learned to do that throughout the years to protect myself, cause when I do reveal my pain, they attack me.

Last edited by Seaharbour; 12-06-2007 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness