Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times

Advertisements

I am at the end of my rope dealing with chronic shoulder pain. OTC meds are no longer able to touch it, and as I have no health insurance I am looking for some options.

I am wondering if anyone has ever used cobra venom (Cobroxin) for chronic pain. Looking for the good and the bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 07:14 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,278 times
First and foremost, (((HUGS))) from one who suffers with chronic pain. My heart just twisted when I read your post.

I have never even heard of Cobroxin, but you better believe I will be watching this thread. Have your tried Arnica (homeopathy) both external lotion and pellets for your pain? I have, and it helps to an extent. The external lotion helps me a lot with pain in my neck, back, and knees. I haven't had success, though, with the pellets. But that doesn't mean you won't. That's the reason why I am passing this information along to you, even though it is not the pain reliever you are looking for.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:10 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
It's supposedly a homeopathic remedy. My only experience with homeopathy, is that it's marginally useful for some things, and utterly useless for others. I can't imagine how homeopathy can have any effect at all on bones and connective tissue, or severe chronic pain. I did have some success with it when I was going through a period of mild anxiety. But anxiety is not the same thing as joint/bone/muscle injury or pain.

Next, the manufacturer's website makes claims about FDA approval/acceptance. This would be - basically - a lie. The FDA has no authority over homeopathic medicine, and makes no claims about it. Since homeopathy doesn't fall into the "drug" or "food" category, it is not subject to FDA regulations.

Just this one fact alone, the claim that the Cobroxin manufacturer makes about the FDA that is categorically untrue, makes me question the validity of any other claim it might make. If they have no reason to lie about the effectiveness of their product, they would not have reason to lie about the FDA's "acceptance" of their product.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Racelady, you may want to read the following from a homeopathy forum. I stand behind homeopathy, but I do know that in the hands of the wrong people (companies) the information will be misleading. This page is sort of all over the place but have patience in reading it. My vote for Cobroxin is in, and I say no, it is a scam. Sorry.

Cobroxin: New homeopathic OTC pain medication - Homeopathy Forums

Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Thanks GOE. I didn't notice a single post on that forum from anyone who had actually used the product.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Thanks GOE. I didn't notice a single post on that forum from anyone who had actually used the product.
The whole point that I got out of it, was that if a pharmaceutical company starts making a homeopathy remedy, it isn't right, and down right suspicious. Boiron is a homeopathy company that makes Arnica topical lotion/cream, and this I can vouch for because it really works. I really do use it, and I have major pain lower back, neck, and knees. No, it's not a cure all, but it does relief the intensity of the pain.

I really do wish you the best. It is a miserable existence when you live with pain. (((HUGS)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness