Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
I have 2 questions....

1 how do you know they are doing #2's ??

He said it and he added on to it that he says they pretty much do everytime they come over.

2 did it ever occur to you that they might be doing it more because they know it upsets you.... just a thought.
They haven't been over since I told them not to; go back and read what I put. You obviously missed what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
You are angry/upset because people are using a toilet for its intended purpose? A toilet doesn't exist to look pretty; it has a function!

And why do friends/family have poop that is magically cleaner than stranger poop?
I already explained it once; if you didn't get it the first time. Your fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
So you had no idea that these guests were pooping in your bathroom until your boyfriend told you???? I'd be inclined to think that you may have been making comments about his guests to him and he said that to get a rise out of you.
Boyfriend???.....

Anyways, I'm not here all the time when they are over and if they are; I'm in my room. He told me because he was pretty much talking **** about them which led to him telling me that they also take ****s in the bathroom. I had no reason to make comments about his friends. I wouldn't be bothered if they did it every now and than, but he says they do it like everytime they come over and they come over alot.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:24 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,105 times
I am with the OP. In my 30 years on this earth I can count and remember the number of times I have used the bathroom for #2 outside of my home. Aside from when I had to at boot camp, I always return home to do my business. I lived with a woman for months and only once did I ever know that she went #2.

perhaps I am in the minority and am prudish.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
They haven't been over since I told them not to; go back and read what I put. You obviously missed what happened.

I already explained it once; if you didn't get it the first time. Your fault.

Boyfriend???.....

Anyways, I'm not here all the time when they are over and if they are; I'm in my room. He told me because he was pretty much talking **** about them which led to him telling me that they also take ****s in the bathroom. I had no reason to make comments about his friends. I wouldn't be bothered if they did it every now and than, but he says they do it like everytime they come over and they come over alot.
That's just weird. How are they able to produce on demand and why would your roommate know any details about their "performances?" It sounds like some kind of strange ritual or contest.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 PM

22 posts, read 708,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
A word of advice: Next time you do the roommate thing, try to get accommodations where each of you have your own bathroom then make sure that YOUR guests do not use your roommates bathroom. You deal with your own friend's "poop" should they have to go ...
That's the lesson I learned long ago when I had to have roommates when I was younger. Two bathrooms are a requirement when you have non-relationship oriented "roommates".... at the very least, 1 1/2 baths with the 1/2 bath being reserved for guests, etc.

I do understand the germ thing, though. I'm in my mid-40s and while some might raise an eyebrow at this, I can say that in my entire life, I've never done #2 at anyone's house if I'm just there for a few hours. Never. Really. I go before I leave for their house and knock on wood, I've never gotten sick where I had to go while at someone's house and just couldn't hold it. As a matter of fact, in all these years, I've only used a public toilet maybe 3-4 times for that, too (yes again, really).

Let's put it this way, I've seen how typically unhygienic many adults are in public restrooms as far as not properly washing their hands after number 2, so I can only imagine what college-aged boys are like. It's not just the stuff you can see that sometimes gets left behind, it's the stuff you can't see. So I do understand. But I'd suggest the OP honestly find a place with more than one bathroom to share - with that roommate if you otherwise get along ok, or with another. It's MUCH easier to deal with that way.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Been away from home for about over 3 years now.
You realize that your parents also did #2 don't you?

Quote:
Nope, I sure don't.

I meant I don't use other people's bathrooms for that.
But they do, so I guess you can't go peepee or poopoo in theirs.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
That's just weird. How are they able to produce on demand and why would your roommate know any details about their "performances?" It sounds like some kind of strange ritual or contest.
Considering the bathroom is literally only about 5 feet from the living room [where they usually hang]; I'm sure the smell lingers lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockphotoshooter View Post
That's the lesson I learned long ago when I had to have roommates when I was younger. Two bathrooms are a requirement when you have non-relationship oriented "roommates".... at the very least, 1 1/2 baths with the 1/2 bath being reserved for guests, etc.

I do understand the germ thing, though. I'm in my mid-40s and while some might raise an eyebrow at this, I can say that in my entire life, I've never done #2 at anyone's house if I'm just there for a few hours. Never. Really. I go before I leave for their house and knock on wood, I've never gotten sick where I had to go while at someone's house and just couldn't hold it. As a matter of fact, in all these years, I've only used a public toilet maybe 3-4 times for that, too (yes again, really).

Let's put it this way, I've seen how typically unhygienic many adults are in public restrooms as far as not properly washing their hands after number 2, so I can only imagine what college-aged boys are like. It's not just the stuff you can see that sometimes gets left behind, it's the stuff you can't see. So I do understand. But I'd suggest the OP honestly find a place with more than one bathroom to share - with that roommate if you otherwise get along ok, or with another. It's MUCH easier to deal with that way.
I'm only in this predicament because the original room we were suppose to get [2 bedroom - 2 bathroom] had a water leak; which led to the apartment getting a mold infestation. We were moved to another room. I'm pretty much like you. I take care of my business before leaving over someone's house and if the issue happens to arise while visiting someone; I leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You realize that your parents also did #2 don't you?

But they do, so I guess you can't go peepee or poopoo in theirs.
I'm not going to keep explaining myself; if you guys choose to be annoying than do it elsewhere. This all has already been explained. We're speaking SPECIFICALLY about poop. This is like me complaining about kissed by a stranger, but than you come back and argue it's the same as being kissed by my significant other or mother. Family and strangers are two different things. I clearly stated these people using my bathrooms are strangers and I have no issues with family/friends doing it considering I KNOW them.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:35 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
OP, you've already admitted that you're a germophobic. If you're going to live in the general human social environment, you can't expect everyone else to go out of their way to deal with your neurotic pathology.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
OP, you've already admitted that you're a germophobic. If you're going to live in the general human social environment, you can't expect everyone else to go out of their way to deal with your neurotic pathology.
Me calling myself a germaphobe was kind of an exaggeration, but I have big issues with sharing a bathroom. I learned to overcome that, but sharing a bathroom with a roommate plus many other strangers is too much for me to handle.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Me calling myself a germaphobe was kind of an exaggeration, but I have big issues with sharing a bathroom. I learned to overcome that, but sharing a bathroom with a roommate plus many other strangers is too much for me to handle.
Moderator cut: not allowed unless you have open sores on your butt there is NOTHING you can catch from strangers sitting on your toilet, whatever they put in the toilet is flushed down. I guess you never go out? Go to a hotel? Work?

I guess you are never going to have a girlfriend or wife because they will need to #2 at some point.

If it freaks you out so much, when they leave go and wash the toilet with some toilet cleaner.

Now all this is with the understanding they are NOT going all over the seat or floor, but that is another issue.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-13-2011 at 10:14 PM..

Old 11-13-2011, 12:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Then the real problem lies with you and your issues with sharing bathrooms with others ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness