Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I think it's rude that anyone would do that away from home, unless it was a dire emergency.

I think you got into a power-struggle with your roommate over guys flexing their muscles, so-to-speak and now they will probably really plug up the toilet, just to spite you.

Ew.
Well that's the thing; if it's an emergency than go ahead, but there are two things happening here.

1. It's every time they come over!

2. Most of them live on campus.

I never use the bathroom over anyone elses house. I just can't allow myself to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If you're a germaphobe why do you even have a roommate to begin with?
I'm in college. You do the math.

I know I'm being harsh, but I can't stomach it. Having people use my bathroom that I don't know....yuck. Too many diseases out there to take the risk. I do clean the toilet, but I shouldn't have to clean up after his friends. He needs to bleach the toilet himself. This isn't a public bathroom.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't think it's fair to expect people to come over for several hours without having to do #2, especially if they eat during their stay. If it grosses you out, don't have people over and meet at a restaurant instead. Or clean the toilet before you use it. (That's what I do.)

My friends don't use my bathroom like his do and most of the time if I'm hanging with them. We're not at the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Frankly, I never understood these types of "germophobic" attitudes against those who opt to utilize a bathroom for its intended purpose. No ... #2 doesn't smell pretty but it's a normal bodily function and should not be held for extended periods of time. There's at least 2 threads in the Work/Employment forum griping about "pooping" at work.
It's nasty!

You wouldn't understand; I literally get queasy thinking about stuff like that. I guess since I don't do it; I expect other people not to do it at my house.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Find some appliques that look like puke or worse and stick them on the toilet seat! Maybe that will make them less willing to take a seat.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:10 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I kind of think this thread is silly, but at the same time, I wouldn't want a bunch of college-aged males using my bathroom for anything. Period.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I kind of think this thread is silly, but at the same time, I wouldn't want a bunch of college-aged males using my bathroom for anything. Period.
This is what probably bothers me the most and from looking at them; they don't look too clean themselves.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:20 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Well that's the thing; if it's an emergency than go ahead, but there are two things happening here.

1. It's every time they come over!

2. Most of them live on campus.

I never use the bathroom over anyone elses house. I just can't allow myself to.

I'm in college. You do the math.

I know I'm being harsh, but I can't stomach it. Having people use my bathroom that I don't know....yuck. Too many diseases out there to take the risk. I do clean the toilet, but I shouldn't have to clean up after his friends. He needs to bleach the toilet himself. This isn't a public bathroom.
I guess it is safe to assume that this is your first time living away from home? Good luck with the bathroom policy when you want to have visitors over at your home.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:

It's nasty!

You wouldn't understand; I literally get queasy thinking about stuff like that. I guess since I don't do it; I expect other people not to do it at my house.
Uh ... You don't do it??? You mean you don't do #2??? I'd get that checked out if I were you ...

Old 11-12-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I guess it is safe to assume that this is your first time living away from home? Good luck with the bathroom policy when you want to have visitors over at your home.
Been away from home for about over 3 years now.

Quote:
Uh ... You don't do it??? You mean you don't do #2??? I'd get that checked out if I were you ...
Nope, I sure don't.

I meant I don't use other people's bathrooms for that.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:44 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,511 times
I think this is rather harsh....if anything, your roommate needs to tell his friends to clean up after themselves or he needs to do the cleaning. If he can't convince them to clean up or he clean, then perhaps no visitors should be allowed the next 2 months since this is a temporary thing.

I generally like to wait till I am home to take care of my business but sometimes my body just won't let me wait. I rarely have visitors at my home but a few years ago, I had a party and someone had to take care of some serious business...I am just glad I had enough toilet tissue there. I figure, they are human and they just can't help it!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Been away from home for about over 3 years now.

Nope, I sure don't.

I meant I don't use other people's bathrooms for that.
What do you do if you have to go really badly and could no longer hold it in, especially if something you ate at someone's home did not agree with you??

It would be nice to always have the luxury of only having to use the potty at home but that isn't reality.

Since you are in college, it is safe to assume that you are a young adult? When you get older, your body will begin to change and you may find it harder to continue holding it in. What are you going to do then? Stay at home and become a hermit? Also, it isn't healthy to continually hold in your bowel movements until you are at home. Just ask your doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness