Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 06:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times

Advertisements

About three weeks ago several factors led me to really want to kick the habit for good.
Main one was cost as I would buy the carton as it tad cheaper my average cost was around 41 dollars.
My blood work came back with my liver numbers high and doing reading on keeping a healthy liver not smoking was one of suggestions.
Now because of those numbers I will have added bills from Ultrasound, Gastrologist and I have a dental appointment. The 160 dollars a week spend on cigarettes will be needed.

I knew at the time when I bought my last carton it would run out by the time my family took a week vacation over Easter. I have 2 family members can radar in smell of cigarettes. So quitting at beach in surroundings Im nt use to would be ideal.
I had a bunch of Camel Orbs http://rjrt.com/uploadedImages/Camel%20Orbs.jpg packed and used them as my version of nicotine patch except these have light dose of nicotine lol as smoker the first few days it doesnt satisfy that why I know it a smaller dose. It is like a tic tac.

Anyways today would mark a week without smoking and I have no cravings or desires but I have this feeling in my head like it tingling and I dont want Orbs no more .

What is a good suggestion in making tingling in the head stop? Aspirin maybe?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-11-2013 at 06:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
First and foremost, hurray and congrats on a great decision.

My understanding (and experience) is that the physical part is done after 3-4 days, the rest is - pardon the pun - all in your head. That said, everyone's different...but if you "fill your head" with thoughts of confidence and focus on your improving life, I'm betting the tingling will either fade away or become a strange friend who reminds you of your newfound freedom.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,268,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
About three weeks ago several factors led me to really want to kick the habit for good.
Main one was cost as I would buy by the carton as it tad cheaper my average cost was around 41 dollars.
My blood work came back with my liver numbers high and doing reading on keeping a healthy liver not smoking was one of suggestions.
Now because of those numbers I will have added bills from Ultrasound, gastrologist and I have a dental appointment. The 160 dollars a week spend on cigarettes will be needed.
I knew at the time when I bought my last carton it would run out by the time my family took a week vacation over Easter. I have 2 family members can radar in smell of cigarettes.
I had a bunch of Camel Orbs http://rjrt.com/uploadedImages/Camel%20Orbs.jpg packed and used them as my version of nicotine patch except these have light dose of nicotine lol as smoker the first few days it doesnt satisfy that why I know it a smaller dose. It is like a tic tac.
Anyways today would mark a week without smoking and I have no cravings or desires but I have this feeling in my head like it tingling and I dont want Orbs no more .
What is a good suggestion in making tingling in the head stop? Aspirin maybe?
I am going on 6 years cigarette free. I had tried to quit 5 times and then finally talked with my doctor about Chantix and did take that. The stuff is incredible but not for everyone. I did have bad dreams..colorful and adrenaline rushing. I stayed on the Chantix for about 10 days and was totally DONE with smoking. I could not believe it. I don't know what Camel Orbs are?? If you are getting funny tingling in your head from them, perhaps you shouldn't be using them??
My suggestions to get you thru this is to:
1. Keep in mind how much you were spending on smoking.
2. Go online and get a list of all the chemicals in cigarettes. One of them is ARSENIC
3. Post the list of chemicals where you can see it every day.
4. Drink lots of water..flushes the nicotine out of your system.
5. Find something to do with your hands..craft wise. I knit, crochet, read..it helps
6. Exercise..a simple walk will help clear your lungs
7. Perhaps join a group of smokers who are trying to quit..they are everywhere.

Good luck with your quitting. It was one of the hardest things I EVER had to do. You will feel so much better, look better and be happy you did quit.

Send me messages whenever you feel like you are going to smoke..will be glad to help.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM

Tell my new friend to leave my head alone lmao. It not as bad now as it was when I woke up, and I am avoiding coffee in fear of making it worst.

It weird this is my third time quitting but mentally I am done.
I have done hypnosis and Chantix in the past but there was still a desire.
I have no desire which is awesome.

Another factor in me quitting now is I have been seeing news reports that quitting smoking in early 40's odds of it effects are minimal when older.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I am going on 6 years cigarette free. I had tried to quit 5 times and then finally talked with my doctor about Chantix and did take that. The stuff is incredible but not for everyone. I did have bad dreams..colorful and adrenaline rushing. I stayed on the Chantix for about 10 days and was totally DONE with smoking. I could not believe it. I don't know what Camel Orbs are?? If you are getting funny tingling in your head from them, perhaps you shouldn't be using them??
My suggestions to get you thru this is to:
1. Keep in mind how much you were spending on smoking.
2. Go online and get a list of all the chemicals in cigarettes. One of them is ARSENIC
3. Post the list of chemicals where you can see it every day.
4. Drink lots of water..flushes the nicotine out of your system.
5. Find something to do with your hands..craft wise. I knit, crochet, read..it helps
6. Exercise..a simple walk will help clear your lungs
7. Perhaps join a group of smokers who are trying to quit..they are everywhere.

Good luck with your quitting. It was one of the hardest things I EVER had to do. You will feel so much better, look better and be happy you did quit.

Send me messages whenever you feel like you are going to smoke..will be glad to help.

Thanks, I am glad Chantix worked for you. I am behind that method of quitting just at the time I used that product, mentally I didnt want to quit if that makes sense
I had no Orbs today and that probably what tingling in my head telling me nicotine.
Orbs is just another version of a tobacco product by Camel.
It helped substitute the cigarettes while I was on vacation but each day I took less, it like a tic tac.
Yesterday I had two and today I am through.

Ill take your tip on drinking lots of water to flush rest of this nicotine out.
I got mind think what a carton cost and in my head the only way to buy them so that my biggest deterrent in deciding im done.

I like your idea of support group but as previous AA person 13 years sober from being a drunk.
AA meetings made me think more about drinking more. Now I avoid beer and have control.
I can even list dates of last time I had some wine on January 18th.

With weather turning nice Ill take your and Elmers tip on channeling my time to exercise.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,535,868 times
Congratulations OP! You can take pain meds like Tylenol or Advil for that tingling you feel. It may or may not help. I smoked my last manufactured cigarette over 3 years ago; rolled my own for 9 months and then switched to an e-cig. This August will be 3 years smoke free for me.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Contact your insurance companies and see if you can get any premium reductions now that you are a non-smoker.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Contact your insurance companies and see if you can get any premium reductions now that you are a non-smoker.

That was another big reason I quit.
I remember last year about this time I went to see a optometrist and he ask me if I smoke and if so how much. I thought odd does smoking now cause bad eye sight. lol

A few months later I went to doctor and he ask my smoking habits and I told him then ask why and he said the feds are requiring them to ask.

My gut feeling says insurance companies are going to charge more or worst not cover smokers so I want to be able to go back and hopefully have them remove the info.

Ill give it a year to take up on your suggestion.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM

397 posts, read 1,071,965 times
I use the electronic - unbelievable - I mean just AWESOME!!!!!! I have tried Chantix twice, then cold turkey, etc etc - I know barely touch it, and when I do I use the non-nicotine filters so I'm just inhaling air - but I don't have cravings, headaches, nothing. It's really done wonders, the difference between smoking a cig is you finish the whole thing, with this just one or two puffs and you are satisfied with your habit - and that's just what it is - a habit. Three other people I recommended this too have quit also this way, try Blu, you can get it in drugstores. good luck!

Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,730,456 times
I quit 15mos ago with Chantix and that was actually one of the things it did for me. I didnt want to quit at the time but figured what the hell I'll try and if I fail (again) at least I can say I tried. The two things Chantix did was take the edge off my mind and make cigarettes taste bad. Once in a while I get a craving but it is no different than someone craving ice cream. It passes in minutes. Certainly isnt like it was when I smoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness