Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:06 PM

283 posts, read 1,385,130 times

Advertisements

I have HPV and I have no idea how i got it. I had sex recently like less than a month ago and this wart I have had for over three years on my penis. Plus, the sex was my first time unfortuanately it was also with a prostitute. Now I am concerned that I might have gotten hiv/aids because with a veneral disease it is easy for another virus to come and infect me.
I have also been thinking that most drug companies don't really look for cures. They look for vaccines that will "treat and protect" people who haven't yet been exposed to the virus, but tthe people who have the virus will forever have it and can't be treated. The drug companies do this because they are a corporation and they love money. There is no cure for any virus so what are the possibilities that maybe one day.....soon.....we may discover a cure for all viruses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,649,333 times
A very tough question.....and probably not for decades at least. One problem is that Viruses are neither dead or alive so its hard to fight something like that. Even our Immune System can barely reconize them as thats why we need vaccines although some like the Flu can be handled by the complex Immune system.

They thought they had a breakthru when the girl bitten by a Bat came down with Rabies and was near death in the hospital and they gave here experimental drugs never used before on Rabies and she survived but the same drugs have not saved others who have come down with the Viral disease since then.

Its been what about 20 to 25 years as the Drug/Pharma/Biotech Companies have been researching Aids and still nothing works on this disease.....

Old 09-04-2007, 06:51 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,649,333 times
Just got done reading a story today on ''Science Daily'' about experiments on mice with Rabies and how the T cells and B cells can easily kill Rabies but can't past the Blood Brain Barrier to get to it so they induced the barrier to open up and the Immune cells destroyed the Rabies virus. These are our Killer cells in the Immune and the same ones that attack on Autoimmune diseases.....

Here's the story for those interested.....

ScienceDaily: Lethal Rabies Infection Halted In Brain

Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,433,940 times
Until they discover the cure for genital warts, you can at least relieve the symptoms by getting an over-the-counter wart remover, and "freezing" the wart off over the course of a few days.

A friend of mine has to do it every few months, and it's supposedly hurts like all Hell, but I'd imagine that it's better than walking around with the wart on your genitals.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:45 PM

I am watching the national geographic channal right now and I see hope. Saltwater croc's can fight of bacteria and viruses that humans can't. And scientists are trying to develop vaccines from using the croc.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 AM

Ok came back from the Dermatologist and he said that was not a wart on penis but a mold. So I am free of any std's. Man, my doctor is a moron. He was like, "I am absolutely sure that is a wart". It wasn't and now I am worrying that mold might be malignant.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 40,625 times
Default I have hpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
I have HPV and I have no idea how i got it. I had sex recently like less than a month ago and this wart I have had for over three years on my penis. Plus, the sex was my first time unfortuanately it was also with a prostitute. Now I am concerned that I might have gotten hiv/aids because with a veneral disease it is easy for another virus to come and infect me.
I have also been thinking that most drug companies don't really look for cures. They look for vaccines that will "treat and protect" people who haven't yet been exposed to the virus, but tthe people who have the virus will forever have it and can't be treated. The drug companies do this because they are a corporation and they love money. There is no cure for any virus so what are the possibilities that maybe one day.....soon.....we may discover a cure for all viruses?

TODAY my Doc office called me to tell me that everything was finE during my exam except for the results of my Pap Test (which was my first) i have a LOW-GRADE hpv and i asked how was this possible and the nurse said it was sexually trans. but i only had sex with two. .. LAST TIME I HAD SEX WAS 8 MONTHS AGO OR 9

One was my Ex (WITH A CONDOM AT ALL TIMES) and my Current Fiance, except w/him we would only use a condom once in awhile, so the only way i could have gotten it was from him. I only had one partner before him and i know that was not from him but there could be a chance my fiance had got it from his previous relationship. its states that its common in both men/women, but its more likely for the MEN to have HPV W/OUT any symtoms. i'm just so confused about this right now. i'm just really upset. upset at the face that i now have HPV and that i'm scared 2 see how he's going to react when i tell him, because he has a problem trusting and i know none of you know me at all, but i would never do anything behind his back! especially SEX! never.

I know that there's no cure for HPV, but hopefully someday soon there will and all we can do is prey girls!.. [mod] no posting email addresses[/mod]

Last edited by Suzet2262; 07-25-2008 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: posted email addy

Old 07-25-2008, 07:32 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,962,065 times
And some viruses, like some of the hepatitis viruses and HIV actually integrate THEIR DNA into your cells' DNA. So unless you have little molecular scissors, these viruses are forever with you.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,241,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
Ok came back from the Dermatologist and he said that was not a wart on penis but a mold. So I am free of any std's. Man, my doctor is a moron. He was like, "I am absolutely sure that is a wart". It wasn't and now I am worrying that mold might be malignant.
Glad to hear your OK, but stay positive about the mold. When will you know the results on that?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 38,476 times
i have had genital warts for 2 years and one month. i found out when my second girlfriend that i had in college got her pap test back and it was positive for low risk type. i also used lots of weed and large amounts of alcohol and would engage in sex with girls that i did not know very well to make my self feel better because i had low selfestem it was my coping tool. i used condoms however there was one girl 3 girls that i did not use them with tow of them had all three shots and the one had either one or two i not entirely sure. i feel so bad because there were several that i did not tell but still used a condom with them and i don't know if they got it i just was so scared of rejection. i was with my last girl friend for a year and half and she had all three gardasil shots and did not get it. know i am with a girl that is 29 and she has never had an infection such as i have and i told her and she took it well and is getting the shots. she makes me no longer what to be a bad person and responsible. all i can do is pray for thoghs that i did not tell and hope they are ok i feel so ashamed and bad i wish i could go back and have a second chance to do things over the right way but i don't. how do i cope with the iresponsible behavior that i have done? how do i for give myself and try to make amends for it? how do i can i have a normal relationship and still have good sex, meaningful sex, with the one girl that has help me to grow a little each day and not give her hpv i love her so much. any advice would be help full
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness