Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM

64 posts, read 243,533 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there have very little to no sex drive?

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I am in my 30s, and honestly feel like I don't care if I never have sex again. I am not on any medication, not overweight, not depressed, just not interested. This is understandably frustrating for both me and my partner.

When I do engage in a sexual activity, its very difficult to achieve any kind of completion. I get to feeling like I might have a an orgasm, and then it just sort of ...stops. This did not use to be the case. I find that I don't get any sort of butterflies around attractive men (I used to, regularly) and honestly do not have sexual thoughts during the day. I am just not interested. At all. This is not normal but its been going on for over a year.

Any thoughts or suggestions from someone who has been in a similar situation? I really would rather do just about anything than have sex right now. It seems like a chore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
You need to visit your ob/gyn as this is a hormone problem. After my hysterectomy I was fine for a while (on 1 overy) but then one day my husband asked me when was the last time we had sex. I honestly could not remember. He told me it was 6 weeks ago and to go to the doctor. I did, had some blood work, and was put on hormones. No more problems after a week or so for it to build up in me again.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM

I am worried that you are right. But I have very very low tolerance for birth control pills (which is usually what they try to prescribe to correct hormones). I have tried about five different kinds and they all exacerbate my migraines to the point where I can't work. Does anyone know of anything else that may help?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,574,109 times
Read 50 shades of grey. Seems to be the fix for women with little to no sex drive! LOL.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Get to know yourself better and what works for you. Then whoever you are with you can help them understand your body and needs.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
I took Feverfew for migraines - went from 3-4 Immetrex shots/week to one eleven years ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Get to know yourself better and what works for you. Then whoever you are with you can help them understand your body and needs.

Oh, believe me, I know myself well and what works (or used to). This hasn't been a problem before the last year or so. I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but one day I remember watching a particularly steamy scene in a movie and noticing my lack of reaction. From there, I started to note my general lack of drive. I am sure it was a gradual thing.

My partner doesn't interest me, and I can't think of anyone else who would. He *used* to interest me greatly. I no longer get any enjoyment out of activities that used to make me wild. I thnk I would rather read a book.

I was pregnant for about 7 weeks and had a miscarriage about 6 months ago, and thought maybe my drive might come back after my body readjusted. No such luck. I was also extremely miserable while pregnant-- sick all day, wildly depressed and moody, and generally felt like hell. I feel "normal" now, but its like my drive has just been erased.

My partner is beginning to get frustrated due to my lack of response; though I try to be accommodating, he can tell that its not working for me. I wouldn't mind having a sex drive at all if it weren't causing him unhappiness. I find that I don't really miss being distracted by it. But it seems really abonormal.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
Were you trying to conceive for a while before the miscarriage? That can really take the fun out of sex and make it feel like just another chore.

Are you on any meds that could be causing the problem? Blood pressure meds and antidepressants can cause problems like that...more obvious in men but it can happen to women too.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:19 AM

No, not on any meds save Zomig for migraines-- not daily, only at the onset of an attack which is typically once or twice a month. And no, I wasn't trying to concieve. I had a birth control malfunction, and my partner and I were not super active, due to my lack of interest, so it was a shock. I should note, too, that my lack of drive started about 6 months prior to becoming pregnant. The pregnancy made it about 1000 times worse as I was not only disinterested in sex, but incredibly depressed, moody and sick. A few weeks after the miscarriage, I just went back to not being interested in sex. Its almost become my "new normal".

I have heard that the opposite happens to women in their mid to late 30s-- that they get a surge of sexual energy. Is it possible that I am heading into menopause early?

Old 06-28-2012, 03:47 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
Have you had a physical lately?

Pregnancy can induce thyroid issues sometimes. My friend had this happen with her 2nd pregnacy (which she also miscarried).

I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's (2yrs ago) and my Endo suspects I started having issues right after having my last baby. I sounded just like you though, with regard to drive. I couldn't care less if I ever had sex again back then.

Might be something worth looking into, but your doc needs to run a full panel, not just TSH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness