Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times

Advertisements

I know some of this is normal but ...

Childs age - 3 years old
Will drink milk
Will not touch hardly food at all

heres an example of his day
2 bites of oatmeal (if u can call them bites)
2 cups of milk
........last night I purchased those dannon Smoothies for kids - he drank one

Day before
2 cups of milk
bite of a granola bar

3 days ago
2 cups of milk

4 days ago
Nothing

Any type of food he will say no i dont want any

July he went to the dr for his check up ....dr was concerned he lost weight 3 lbs at that time ......dr suggest giving him ensure - he says its YUK Milk

he is bruising and the bruises Do not go away

Last night I offered candy - he said no thanks

this is a child that normally would eat carrots for a snack ate very well and all at once just stopped eating

This is my grandson ........and my daughter in law is calling the doctor when they open today. I do understand children go through fazes - I think this is more than a faze ....... hes wore out hes tired his eyes have dark circles ...
I had him in Walmart in the toy isle and put him down and said what do you want to look at ....... he wanted to be held and laid his head down - this child LOVES monster trucks and would of been all over it ....... nothing not even interested acted to tired to care!

(I am a early childhood educator as well ..so I have seen picky)

He has asthma and I suggested to do a treatment last night ...... he has a little cough ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
I am so sorry to hear about this. I am glad that he is being taken to the doctor. I hope that the doctor can help. That is scary.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:07 AM

yes its very scary .... he fell on his head about 2 weeks ago and still has the big bruise on his head ... his legs look like someone has beat on him ..but its normal falling down moments of youth.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
yes its very scary .... he fell on his head about 2 weeks ago and still has the big bruise on his head ... his legs look like someone has beat on him ..but its normal falling down moments of youth.
I would be concerned now about him falling on his head with the bruise still showing. He could have a concussion.(sp)

Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
The bruising can be a serious sign of some problems by itself (as I am sure you know). Seriously, if the doctor doesn't actually start running some blood tests etc..I would seek an immediate second opinion.

No doubt he is going to be lethargic because he's not getting proper nutrition, but not wanting to eat ANYTHING ?? I have heard of picky, but that doesn't sound like the problem to me at all.

In addition, I can't tell you how many times a childhood illness has gone undiagnosed for months, because their doctor doesn't want to make the effort. Bruising can be a sign of lieukemia I believe.

Last edited by floridadreamer; 10-03-2007 at 01:45 PM..

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Sounds like a doctor is the best bet. don't be afraid to get second and third opinions either. Let us know how it goes.

Greenie

Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

417 posts, read 1,282,403 times
Please let us know what you find out from the doctor.

If the doctor doesn't really find anything, think about getting testing for allergies. You said that he has asthma...that can be a result of allergies.

My sister was a super picky eater and skinny. Then she started coughing. Mom took her from doctor to doctor until one referred her to an allergist. She was allergic to all kinds of things, including cows milk, and was starting into asthma. She got shots and sprouted up and filled out--also was less fussy about eating.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I know some of this is normal but ...

Childs age - 3 years old
Will drink milk
Will not touch hardly food at all

heres an example of his day
2 bites of oatmeal (if u can call them bites)
2 cups of milk
........last night I purchased those dannon Smoothies for kids - he drank one

Day before
2 cups of milk
bite of a granola bar

3 days ago
2 cups of milk

4 days ago
Nothing

Any type of food he will say no i dont want any

July he went to the dr for his check up ....dr was concerned he lost weight 3 lbs at that time ......dr suggest giving him ensure - he says its YUK Milk

he is bruising and the bruises Do not go away

Last night I offered candy - he said no thanks

this is a child that normally would eat carrots for a snack ate very well and all at once just stopped eating

This is my grandson ........and my daughter in law is calling the doctor when they open today. I do understand children go through fazes - I think this is more than a faze ....... hes wore out hes tired his eyes have dark circles ...
I had him in Walmart in the toy isle and put him down and said what do you want to look at ....... he wanted to be held and laid his head down - this child LOVES monster trucks and would of been all over it ....... nothing not even interested acted to tired to care!

(I am a early childhood educator as well ..so I have seen picky)

He has asthma and I suggested to do a treatment last night ...... he has a little cough ......
Here is a link for you to look over.
No appetite - WrongDiagnosis.com

I hope that it is not serious with your grandson but I do think that if the Dr. is not taking this serious find another DR..
Good Luck and I will keep him in our prayers.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 AM

He goes to the doctor today .........it hit me like a ton all at once yesterday ..this is exactly how my daughter acted when she had strep..

we have asked him does your throat hurt he shakes his head no

SO I took him in the other room I touched his ears asked if it hurt - no
touched his throat area and he jumped off my lap and shook his head .....yes
I asked about his nose he was not sure if it hurt or not
so then I touched his mouth and said where in your mouth does it hurt ..verrily opening his mouth he points in like at his throat ..........

low grade temp ........ yesterday didnt even drink his normal 2 cups of milk ..........

I told my daughter in law when she takes him request a shot if its meds he needs ..hes refusing to eat nothing on his stomach .. do the shot and will be in system faster ..and no fighting over meds!

So it might be as simple as a sore throat ..or strep!

I hope its nothing serious ..- yes I know strep can go serious my daughter had scarlet fever, and a relapse as a child- 105 temp! switched doctors over that...
my grandsons has been through doctors over the asthma .......... This doctor was in the same office as my kids doctor and was not taking any new patience ........well we had a good payment history etc ......so they took our grandchildren I love his doctor he dont mess around. Lab on site as well

Well I will post later today when we find something out!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Update -
went to the dr today ............. mom told him if you dont eat they will have to do shots ..
(blood work)

any who ..he does not have strep and were waiting on test to come back ...
he has GURD - thats why his throat hurts

and he told his mom he dont want to go back to the dr .. "I want a snack"

hes eating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness