Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Lemon Pie while delicious and certainly my favorite will not work as the lemons are cooked. It will help you gain weight though. I keep forgetting to try lemon. I normally use vinegar/honey/water every day. Gotta remember. Well, gee, I just remembered if you make Eagle Brand Lemon Pie you use raw lemons, and you don't cook them, but then again a lot of the properties are lost if you don't eat it within 15 minutes. I say go for it. LOL. Just kidding.
Yum Yum, Jessaka;
Have you tried the "key Lime" pie, make it the same way.!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Haven't tried Key Lime Pie.

Right now I am trying out the vinegar/water to see if I can lose weight. I only drank enough during the day to cure heartburn and so was drinking it less and less as it was curing the problem. I still need it now and then if I eat sweets, which has caused me to gain 3 lbs in the last week. I never used to be able to eat tomatoes but after drinking vinegar/water I can now. But sugar in the form of flour products seem to mess up my stomach again.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Quote:

Right now I am trying out the vinegar/water to see if I can lose weight. I only drank enough during the day to cure heartburn and so was drinking it less and less as it was curing the problem. I still need it now and then if I eat sweets, which has caused me to gain 3 lbs in the last week. I never used to be able to eat tomatoes but after drinking vinegar/water I can now. But sugar in the form of flour products seem to mess up my stomach again.
That's one of the reasons I do the vinegar and water is to lose weight but I had heard that lemon juice will do that too so I'm switching out.
Vinegar and water with a little added honey are also good for the joints.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,199,956 times
I drink tea every morning mixed with fresh squeezed lemon and some honey...it keeps me going all day like the energizer bunny. I hardly feel hungry neither do I stack up on junk food any more. I am glad to say I have lost weight and gained some extra strength.

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I have heard that drinking water with lemon in it is good for digestion and a few other things.
Question is, does it matter if it's a fresh lemon or will lemon juice in a bottle work as well?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM

233 posts, read 751,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi medicineman,

Is it true also that water should always be taken room temp. and not cold from the fridge?
hi jeannie,
cold water dibilitates the stomach. hot water does the you no good.
room temp is the best.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM

233 posts, read 751,664 times
Quote:

vinegar, is not good for you... look at it from this point of view. first there is the fruit, let it ripen you have juice, let it go some more, (i can not remember what comes next) but, the bottom of the barrel, is vinegar.
also it has the same response in the stomach as gasoline.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:05 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
vinegar, is not good for you... look at it from this point of view. first there is the fruit, let it ripen you have juice, let it go some more, (i can not remember what comes next) but, the bottom of the barrel, is vinegar.

Raw organic apple cider vinegar has many healing properties.
If it had the same properties as gasoline, all the people benefiting from it would now be dead. lol
Maybe you should do more research. Thousands of people can't be wrong.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:32 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
In the 1980's I worked at a vegetarian health resort where we offered many types and lengths of natural healing programs. Lemon H20 was part of every program.

blessings..Franco

Old 10-11-2007, 07:36 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post
I drink tea every morning mixed with fresh squeezed lemon and some honey...it keeps me going all day like the energizer bunny. I hardly feel hungry neither do I stack up on junk food any more. I am glad to say I have lost weight and gained some extra strength.
Do you feel that a particular kind of tea is especially effective?

Old 10-11-2007, 07:41 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
Need to do more research, medicineman...

For starters, here's a link with 212 items involving vinegar used successfully for health.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/Searc...&Search=Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness