Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,876 times

Advertisements

I've been drinking Perrier for so long I'm addicted to it, I wake up and have to have it right now, but I have started feeling my teeth are senstive, then I did some research & it said Perrier breaks down the enamal of your teeth! I stoped drinking it but I'm going crazy without it! Has anyone heard of this? I HATE WATER, SODA, EVERYTHING! EXCEPT COFFEE. Annnnd as far as the cost is concerned boohoo, I pay 1.39 per bottle. big deal. On average, I drink 3 big Perrier a day in the glass only, no plastic...what to do, what to do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,876 times
Default Addicted to Perrier

I truely love the way it sounds whan you pop open a glass of Perrier, the first thin I want in the morning with my Coffee is my wonderful & lovely Perrirre, however, my teeth have become sensitive, I only drink about 3 of the big bottles a day, I googled it and to my horror it said Perrier causes the enamel of the teeth to erode. omg! So, I have stopped drinking my Perrier but I HATE EVERYTHING ELSE, WATER IS DISGUSTING, EVEN WITH LEMON, I REFUSE TO DRINK SODA! Has anyone heard of this? What to do, what to do?

Old 09-19-2016, 10:11 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
I quit drinking flavored sodas two years ago and drink only sparkling or regular water. I got tired of the expense and the waste of the plastic bottles and started making my own from the water that I buy for my 5-gal cooler. It's good clean water, I know that I am getting and I satisfy my craving for carbonation. I flavor it with lime or lemon, add stevia or salt and make myself a very refreshing drink (and healthy too).

This is what I use.
SodaStream Jet Starter Kit

I don't buy the branded gas canisters from the store anymore. I only did that a couple of times. It can be a rip-off which is what I'm trying to avoid. I went out and bought a beverage grade CO2 paintball tank and get it filled myself at a local sports store for a few dollars. Makes 30 to 50 liters of sparkling water before I need to refill.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Carbonated water is carbonic acid. The flavoring or added sugar doesn't matter, it is carbonic acid!
No, it is not really good for consumption. In moderation, though, it should be harmless.
A gallon per day is not moderate consumption!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:06 PM

Carbonic Acid is produced when CO2 is mixed with H20.

Here's something on the chemistry of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonic_acid

The supposed effects on health for carbonic acid have been overstated in the past and mostly apply to flavored soft drinks, not to plain sparkling water. It's usually the phosphoric acid that is commonly found in flavored sodas that causes the most harm. Carbonic is one of the weakest acids with a PH of 6. Water is 7. Even for the teeth, the effects are very mild.

BBC - Future - Is sparkling water really bad for you?

I personally love acidic things like lime, lemon, vinegars, coffee, etc. They are beneficial for health in moderation of course. The only exception would be for tooth enamel.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:56 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times
Never drink spring water, sparkling water, bottle water that had any heat exposure and be extra cautious of the convience stores placing water displays outside in the sun ( leaching of plastic). Beware of water filters like zero water Brita etc as they are only effective for very limited gallons of water filtration. Beware of water within the entire California, Oregon Washington Caadian coast as radiation will increase via Japanese nuke
disaster. Sychelle radiation filters might help , but don't listen little glow worm.? Spring water and sparkiling water are high in solids that potentially cause kidney stones. ( my cure for stones is anything vinegar)or don't listen and have surgeries and team up with docs tht don't know ....! Warning stay clear of Dasani, Perrier or tap ( if chlorinated) then jail parents for being baby stupid..........God give me strenght!

Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,251 times
Been using Club Soda for 20+ years.....I like to drink IPA (India Pale Ale) but find it is too sweet to drink as is.....so, I cut the IPA with Club Soda (75 x 25)....perfect balance...........It also takes the alcohol content down to a perfect 5 or 6%...

Last edited by Chaffeetrekker; 09-20-2016 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: syntax

Old 09-20-2016, 02:48 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I quit drinking flavored sodas two years ago and drink only sparkling or regular water. I got tired of the expense and the waste of the plastic bottles and started making my own from the water that I buy for my 5-gal cooler. It's good clean water, I know that I am getting and I satisfy my craving for carbonation. I flavor it with lime or lemon, add stevia or salt and make myself a very refreshing drink (and healthy too).

This is what I use.
SodaStream Jet Starter Kit

I don't buy the branded gas canisters from the store anymore. I only did that a couple of times. It can be a rip-off which is what I'm trying to avoid. I went out and bought a beverage grade CO2 paintball tank and get it filled myself at a local sports store for a few dollars. Makes 30 to 50 liters of sparkling water before I need to refill.
I use Sodastream every day. I do buy the Sodastream refills, but I get them at the Bed Bath Beyond with the 20% coupon. Usually we don't use the flavored syrups anymore; we mix sparkling water with fruit juice for a flavorsome treat.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:33 PM

Yes, the local BBB has the canisters for $15, less the 20% = $12 plus tax. I did that a couple of times but realized I could do it much cheaper buying my own tank and having it refilled for $4. This plus the fact I could get a lot more out of a tank was a no-brainer for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness