Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,782 times

Advertisements

My eye doc has me in multifocal contacts and I hate them, but I cant see without them. I do have progressive lenses in my glasses and I can read better up chose but not a lot because the lenses themselves bother me.

I did a google search and all the reviews were people LOVED these Air Optix multifocal contacts and have no problems. My eye doc has changed my script around lot and doesnt seem much better.

Sorry if there are typos, my close vision is not great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So what is your question?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM

I am concerned there is something wrong with me, why is it I cant see and the eye doctors tell me it's normal. I have never herd of anyone complining about their vision like I have the past 6 months. It's like one day I woke up and could not read the text on my phone and my vision in general seemed like I was using someone elses lenses?

This is terrible living like this struggling with my vision all the time.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:18 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Ming, I too recently switched to the multi-focal lenses and yes, I really like them. My optometrist told me that I won't see distance as clearly as I could with my old single vision lenses, but that was just how they worked. Don't get me wrong, my distance vision isn't compromised to the point where I can't see road signs and the like, but it is not as sharp as before. I like being able to read with my contacts in, such as when I'm at the grocery store or drug store and need to see that ridiculously small writing on some labels. I've decided to sacrifice super sharp distance vision for the luxury of being able to see both ways with just contacts and not having to wear reading glasses too.
I'm surprised your doctor didn't explain this to you. I've had poor vision all my life, and just got so sick of wearing either reading glasses with contacts or my usual "seeing" glasses with the bifocals. I'd love to have lasik surgery someday.
ETA: I know someone who did have that surgery, and even it doesn't last forever. Your eyes slowly adjust back to the way they were.

Last edited by sirron; 10-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM

My distance was not great and now it's better because I made her increase the power but it's the close vision thats making me crazy! Seems a little better with my glasses but not contacts, I m thinking I can almost read better without my contacts. I think maybe she has the power too strong for up close.

When I am getting my eyes examined I can read the sheet they give me, but I go home and my text on my phone is a little blurry and the computer screen text is not always great. So confused!

My contacts are 4.75 and 4.50 the other is 2 - meduim

She claimed there is a film over the lenses that wears off and I wont be able to read close, seems like I was able to easily at first wen I got the contacts, now I struggle and these re new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness