Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,742,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaniac93 View Post
@brianjb No, should I?
Yeah you really should. It is an excellent documentary that talks about the benefits of living a whole foods, plant based diet.

My brother in law started eating this way (was on 6 medicines at the time), and now he is off most of them. Most importantly, he no longer needs diabetic medicine that he used to rely on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
No ice cream ever again? Kill me now. It's a quality of life issue.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
A lot of people are lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy products. I would still be eating dairy if I didn't have the allergy to it--yum--all the things I love.

If you have headaches and congestion, there is a good possibility that you are sensitive to dairy.

I still eat ice cream every once in a while with no ill results. Gelato has less dairy so that's a possibility too. I love the dairy alternatives for ice cream, thank goodness.

For getting enough calcium, I take citracal because it's really hard to get enough calcium of the type your body can really use without eating dairy products. If I could eat dairy I'd definitely make sure it was hormone-free. Any time you fool around with hormones, you are inviting health problems.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 AM

917 posts, read 2,005,321 times
I don't blame you OP. I'm trying to limit the dairy I eat. I've been reading about all the toxins and hormones in it. I love ice cream and cheese but I think eating too much dairy is affecting my health. Besides the link someone posted, chia seeds have calcium too.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM

606 posts, read 1,606,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaniac93 View Post
Just my personal choice. I don't like the idea of drinking milk from another species when its intended use was for calves. Its full of cow pus, hormones, pesticides and other disgusting **** and I just don't see why anyone would want to consume dairy products.
You know what - your right, but dairy is just one small piece of the puzzle. If you are giving up dairy for that reason then you really owe it to yourself to consider Raw Foodism or at least a 100% Whole Food diet.

Processed and genetically modified food is what has made us the most obese country on the planet and pharmaceuticals are not the answer. The S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) is killing us slowly and since you have expressed an interest in bettering yourself via excluding dairy from your diet, perhaps you should consider a slow transition to a natural diet that your body would thank you for over the years.

Good luck!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM

34 posts, read 102,818 times
Wink Forks Over Knives

Thsi is a must see!!! Free on Hulu...Friend them on Facebook for good advice on being Vegan

Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Why'd you cut it out? Unless there is a medical reason I wouldn't recommend cutting out a whole food group. You get a lot more from dairy than calcium.
Dairy does provide calcium, but truth is, that's about it.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I am also going dairy free. Cheese is just like eating a stick of butter, pure fat. I drink almond milk, and really like it. And it is cheaper than milk.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,742,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2699 View Post
Thsi is a must see!!! Free on Hulu...Friend them on Facebook for good advice on being Vegan
I don't see the link. Can you post name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (please forgive typos)

Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Posters must have 10 or more posts before making specific recommendations. Read the TOS. This keeps out folks who join to pump their product, web site, etc

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness