Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:13 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times

Advertisements

For people with MS, hot weather, or heat of any kind, can cause exacerbation of symptoms. While this may be temporary and subside when the heat source is removed, actually living in a hot climate is probably not a good idea.

Certainly, one would need to make a determination based on more than one single factor, i.e., the intense heat vs. the availability of cannabis and the positive effect of warmth on the OA.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:19 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
You didn't come here to ask for advice. You came here to reinforce your own belief that everyone is against you. Not one person here attacked you. Everyone offered some piece of knowledge that might help answer your question.

Continue to be your disagreeable self and you'll reap what you sow.

To reiterate: Hot climate is not good for MS sufferers. Cold climate not very good for OA sufferers. MMJ not available everywhere. And then, there's always COL to consider. Makes choosing difficult unless the weight is more on one side than the other. Answer your question?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Well, I am confused, OP. If you are on Chemotherapy, do you have cancer? If so, this is a whole different question about MMJ ! Yes, patients with cancer can obtain a script for mmj and as a side effect, it might help with your osteoarthitis. And yes, you might be able to do this in AZ. And yes, perhaps the lack of very cold temperatures here would help you. But for 3 or 4 months of the year, the unbearable heat would probably make your MS worse. So, is that more helpful???? Hope so.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:23 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaustin View Post
Most people do say that warmer, dryer weather is better for this condition, but studies don't confirm that.
Actually there have been several studies that confirm that people "feel better" in warmer climates who suffer from osteoarthritis. No studies have shown that there is any objective benefit in terms of improving the condition, but "feeling better" has been confirmed as more than anecdotal.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:32 AM

532 posts, read 1,068,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Well, I am confused, OP. If you are on Chemotherapy, do you have cancer? If so, this is a whole different question about MMJ ! Yes, patients with cancer can obtain a script for mmj and as a side effect, it might help with your osteoarthitis. And yes, you might be able to do this in AZ. And yes, perhaps the lack of very cold temperatures here would help you. But for 3 or 4 months of the year, Ithe unbearable heat would probably make your MS worse. So, is that more helpful???? Hope so.

I'm confused about why you persist in mentioning Arizona when I am not inquiring about Arizona, have no intention of moving there, and indicated the choice was between Denver and New Mexico. I also never said I was "on" chemotherapy, or that I currently have cancer.

I'm sorry if you're in Arizona with "unbearable heat," but that has nothing to do with my inquiry.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:28 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
OK, OP, I give up. Was just trying to help.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:00 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
seems OP has some answers. You can't see all the delted posts, too many. closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness