Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times

Advertisements

Upper mgmt. or HR should have a talk with her. Same goes for anyone abusing the common fridge privileges....stinky food, forgotten lunches that have spoiled, excessive storage of breast milk.

If seeing a small bag of breast milk is offensive to her co-workers (not sure why) the nursing mother should get an insulated bag to store the milk in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
This is such a small office, there is no HR dept. And to top it off, this woman is an attorney! You think she would have some more sense...

Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
It's not gross at all, but why doesn't she take the milk home with her every night?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM

455 posts, read 898,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Upper mgmt. or HR should have a talk with her. Same goes for anyone abusing the common fridge privileges....stinky food, forgotten lunches that have spoiled, excessive storage of breast milk.

If seeing a small bag of breast milk is offensive to her co-workers (not sure why) the nursing mother should get an insulated bag to store the milk in.
After I'd been working at my current place for a year, I was looking in the fridge and noticing that the same stuff was in there for my entire employment there, so I started looking at expiration dates to ascertain whether some of that stuff was even edible. One tv dinner had expired 4 YEARS PREVIOUS. I was curious, so I opened it up to see what it looked like. Completely unrecognizable. So I just threw all the expired stuff away.

A couple hours later, one guy was asking around about where his butter was. I told him I tossed it because it was like 6 months past expiration and I didn't think anyone was using it. He asked which trash can. He went and retrieved his butter from the trash and made toast. I'm not even joking.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup sandwich View Post
after i'd been working at my current place for a year, i was looking in the fridge and noticing that the same stuff was in there for my entire employment there, so i started looking at expiration dates to ascertain whether some of that stuff was even edible. One tv dinner had expired 4 years previous. I was curious, so i opened it up to see what it looked like. Completely unrecognizable. So i just threw all the expired stuff away.

A couple hours later, one guy was asking around about where his butter was. I told him i tossed it because it was like 6 months past expiration and i didn't think anyone was using it. He asked which trash can. He went and retrieved his butter from the trash and made toast. I'm not even joking.
omg so gross! Lmao

Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
omg so gross! Lmao
It was the stick kind, too. And not a new, fully wrapped stick. HE JUST RAN THE TIP UNDER SOME COLD WATER... That guy is weird though. One time I went to the restroom and could hear him in there singing on the toilet. All his clothes could be seen on the floor by his bare feet. Who takes all their clothes off to poop?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
It was the stick kind, too. And not a new, fully wrapped stick. HE JUST RAN THE TIP UNDER SOME COLD WATER... That guy is weird though. One time I went to the restroom and could hear him in there singing on the toilet. All his clothes could be seen on the floor by his bare feet. Who takes all their clothes off to poop?
So hilarious! It reminds me of Seinfeld when George took his shirt off to use the bathroom and forgot to put it back on and comes out to a room full of people!

I tell you working in offices for almost 20 years, I could write a book with all the weirdos I've encountered. One girl in my last office used to sit in a bathroom stall and roll joints...you could smell the weed when you walked in. She had no cares in the world...got fired pretty quickly, oddly enough, not for that!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
So hilarious! It reminds me of Seinfeld when George took his shirt off to use the bathroom and forgot to put it back on and comes out to a room full of people!

I tell you working in offices for almost 20 years, I could write a book with all the weirdos I've encountered. One girl in my last office used to sit in a bathroom stall and roll joints...you could smell the weed when you walked in. She had no cares in the world...got fired pretty quickly, oddly enough, not for that!
Wowwww...
Yea, I'm learning things about office people. One of my ex-coworkers had the messiest desk ever. I was afraid to go near it in case something had evolved into a predator underneath his desk. Well, we all had a cookout at this guy's house because he had the most outside space. As I went to bring beer inside to his refrigerator... omg... it was like one of those hoarder houses 3 quarters of the way through clean-up. I immediately got out of there and bought some ice chests and ice because there was no way I'd drink any beers that touched the inside of his refrigerator. (I also "wasn't hungry")

I'm pretty sure I would have contracted a previously-assumed extinct virus from some weird tropical climate that was being fostered in his home. Never again.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,203 times
What if someone steals it and uses it for their coffee? People are thieves like that.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
Wowwww...
Yea, I'm learning things about office people. One of my ex-coworkers had the messiest desk ever. I was afraid to go near it in case something had evolved into a predator underneath his desk. Well, we all had a cookout at this guy's house because he had the most outside space. As I went to bring beer inside to his refrigerator... omg... it was like one of those hoarder houses 3 quarters of the way through clean-up. I immediately got out of there and bought some ice chests and ice because there was no way I'd drink any beers that touched the inside of his refrigerator. (I also "wasn't hungry")

I'm pretty sure I would have contracted a previously-assumed extinct virus from some weird tropical climate that was being fostered in his home. Never again.

LMAO! You can tell a lot about people by looking in their fridge and by looking at their bathroom LOL

I am easily grossed out, that is why this breast milk thing is bothering me. I just refuse to put anything in there now. Not to mention the strange smell that has been emanating from it lately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness