Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM

132 posts, read 537,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
I like your personal opinion. You are right. I understood that using antibacterial soaps do kill too much bacteria. The good bacteria that we need. I know of a family in Iowa who eats raw chicken meat. Everything they eat is raw. THe only meat they eat is raw chicken if I remember right. They were on that show Swapping Housewives or something like that. They do not drink water at all. They drink a concauction of goats milk, at certain times of the day and night. They have to have this drink every 4 hours, if they are asleep, they wake up to drink this. They can become violently ill without this drink. They use clay and butter I think for soap and toothpaste. The women never shave. THe kids are homeschooled, so they never leave their home. It was crazy. THey have the dad, mom, brother and sister.They raise their goats, and chickens. Pretty wild. Leave me out!! The dad even ate a 4 month old piece of raw chicken that had been in the refrigerator in a sealed glass jar. I thought I was gonna heave. So I guess we can survive on bacterias that noone thought we could.

I do not buy antibacterial anything. But I certainly do not live like those Iowans.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Oh my word

I read an article in an online health website, and it was also
something about how we use too many antibacterial chemicals
to wipe out bacteria, even the good ones. The author wanted
to prove a point, so he left a pound of beef on the kitchen counter
and let it rot for a week. He had the subject eat it, only removing
the maggots, and guaranteed that he would not be ill from it.

He was grossed out from eating it, but he never got sick!

-Angel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
2) make it more difficult for the wastewater treatment plant to do its job. Just like in a septic system, wastewater treatment plants use bacteria to break down the waste. If we're dumping antibacterials into the waste stream, it will become more difficult and more costly to effectively treat the waste.
Good point Ohiogirl....as that didn't even cross my mind about those soaps inhibiting the water treatment/sewage plants from properly breaking down the sewage.

I heard/read about a year ago about the caffeine from the coffee/sodas that we humans consume was getting into water treatment plants and then discharged into the rivers then the oceans just from our urination. I wouldn't be surprised if Meds that people consume are also getting into the rivers/oceans etc...by this same process.

Makes you wonder !!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM

498 posts, read 1,519,962 times
Smile nonibiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonibiz View Post
Oh my word

I read an article in an online health website, and it was also
something about how we use too many antibacterial chemicals
to wipe out bacteria, even the good ones. The author wanted
to prove a point, so he left a pound of beef on the kitchen counter
and let it rot for a week. He had the subject eat it, only removing
the maggots, and guaranteed that he would not be ill from it.

He was grossed out from eating it, but he never got sick!

-Angel
Yea, this is just too gross for me too!! Ya know,not everybodys body would not be so accepting of this. It takes some conditioning to be able to fight off some of the bad bacterias. We as humans just keep learning about what the human body is capable of. I often wondered how the hobos and homeless people that eat out of trash cans could still be alive. Well now I know. WE are made up of bacteria. I am not as brave as the people who do these things, but I still do not and will not buy antibacterial anything if I don't have to. We are on well water here with a septic tank, so I really try to stay away from things like that. You have a good day.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM

498 posts, read 1,519,962 times
Thumbs up 6 Foot 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Good point Ohiogirl....as that didn't even cross my mind about those soaps inhibiting the water treatment/sewage plants from properly breaking down the sewage.

I heard/read about a year ago about the caffeine from the coffee/sodas that we humans consume was getting into water treatment plants and then discharged into the rivers then the oceans just from our urination. I wouldn't be surprised if Meds that people consume are also getting into the rivers/oceans etc...by this same process.

Makes you wonder !!
Hey ya know, I have tried to explain that to people before. They just thought I was crazy. Well that is why the caskets now-a-days can't be just wooden. They have to seal forever sos' not to let diseases back out into the earth that we farm by and our animals eat and in turn we eat our veggies and meat. So yes, I do believe that our waters are being contaminated with drugs. After flooding of out houses into the Mississippi River, I will not eat a fish that I know came out of there. Nasty!! It is said that our area of Mississippi is real high on Mercury right now. Ya also have the drain off of chemicals for the fields too. I have a friend who acquired Lupus through her own vegetable garden. They had the ground tested and sure enough, it was loaded with Lupus (a form of cancer, usually very noticeable on their face). There are many forms of Lupus though. We eat all of our fresh veggies out of own garden too. We are surrounded by fields. We have never had a problem with our ground. Thank God.
This is also why it is illegal to spread someones ashes after cremation. The cancer, the drugs, the diseases. It is in the bones. Some believe it gets all burned out. I don't know, but if we don't have to take the chance then why do it? I have said enough now. Thank you

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-25-2008, 06:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
I did read an article where the police have actually been able to pin-point where the largest amount of drug use is by having water tested from certain locations. This way they can put more attention in these areas and hopefully bust more of the drug users. I have also heard where some fish have been messed up because of different kinds of medications that have passed through a humans body and goes back out to the ocean. It most definitely does go through our bodies and into out water systems. I have no clue if the water treatment plants can successfully and completely remove it. Just think of the amount of drugs, illegal and legal that people take in the US. It's pretty scary!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:49 AM

840 posts, read 3,466,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
why the caskets now-a-days can't be just wooden. They have to seal forever sos' not to let diseases back out into the earth that we farm by and our animals eat and in turn we eat our veggies and meat. So yes, I do believe that our waters are being contaminated with drugs. This is also why it is illegal to spread someones ashes after cremation. The cancer, the drugs, the diseases. It is in the bones. Some believe it gets all burned out.
Check out the green living which has several posts on this very subject!! Especially the one that starts out News, A Serious Undertaking. A small, but growing, group of activists seeks to reform the funeral industry. //www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=10558057
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness