Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times

Advertisements

After a certain age, used to be 50, not sure now, you have to have 2 tests. The first to see if it "awakens" anything, the second to see if anything develops. I had to take INH (I think) by pill form for 1 yr and get blood tests monthly to see if my liver was OK. I was told to never have another test as the reaction would be bad. The INH encapsulates any bacteria and prevents them from growing/spr4eading (as I remember).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 04:04 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,008,001 times
Sorry to bump an old thread, just need some advice. I had a test done at a retail walk in clinic on Saturday morning, and I went back this afternoon to have the injection site checked. There's a red blotch less than the size of a quarter at the injection site, but it is flat. Despite this, the nurse practitioner said it was a positive result and wrote it down as such. She referred me to a chest xray and said I had to do it within a certain time frame.

I've done this test the last two years at a different place. Each time it has been red like this (my skin bruises easily, I had worse redness from the flu shot) and both times the doctors or nurses have marked it as negative. If you were me, would you just go get the test re-done elsewhere rather than going for xrays? I'm rather stressed since the test is a condition of my ongoing employment, etc.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,792 times
My son had a PPD done and they said it was positive but they didn't give him a second one and they didn't put him on any medication. They did a chest Xray and said he is fine but must have a chest Xray every year. I don't understand this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness