Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 12:09 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times

Advertisements

Not for me. I am hypersensitive to skin infections. I have to shower with disinfecting soaps to keep my skin clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 05:56 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
I thought I'd noticed more smelly people in public lately. Now I know why.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:16 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
This seems to be the unintentional "companion thread" to the one in the "Psychology" section talking about people not bathing that often & smelling up the place as a result

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Haha, just noticed this thread. Look into desert expeditions diaries.
Dirt peels off naturally in about 30 plus days, with epidermis. Skin cleanses itself.
That's all well and fine. It's day 20 when friends, family and co-workers will dunk you themselves.

It's not for you, it's for everyone else.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2016, 04:44 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,341,785 times
A morning shower helps me wake up, feel refreshed, and look and feel much better. I developed some very aggravating skin issues from not showering enough here in Florida because my sweat was interacting w/ my clothes and whatever I came into contact with, and in Florida you're going to sweat. Having lived most of my life in coastal areas, I think the effects of clean water on your body, in the ocean or in the tub/shower, are totally beneficial and have absolutely no negative effects. Make sure your soap is mild and natural if possible. We originally came from the water in all probability, and nowadays some people have taken to giving birth in it. Our bodies are 60% water, and it makes up to 90% of our weight.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:09 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I'm all for good CLEAN pure water..get a water report from your water dept and get the list of chemicals added to these waters. Even our oceans/lakes/rivers are highly polluted.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:21 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
A morning shower helps me wake up, feel refreshed, and look and feel much better. I developed some very aggravating skin issues from not showering enough here in Florida because my sweat was interacting w/ my clothes and whatever I came into contact with, and in Florida you're going to sweat. Having lived most of my life in coastal areas, I think the effects of clean water on your body, in the ocean or in the tub/shower, are totally beneficial and have absolutely no negative effects. Make sure your soap is mild and natural if possible. We originally came from the water in all probability, and nowadays some people have taken to giving birth in it. Our bodies are 60% water, and it makes up to 90% of our weight.
Yes- this is a big issue. I also have allergic skin issues as well as sinus allergies, both of which act up if I do not shower at least daily (sometimes twice just to rinse off after an outdoor activity). This time of year is just the worst for me, with really itchy skin/eyes/rash as well as congestion/migraines if I don't get the pollen out of my hair before I go to bed. I don't know that I agree that the water is 100% beneficial because it is very hard in FL, but it is better than the alternative of migraines and unbearable skin itching.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:43 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,298,815 times
I am the odd man out so to speak. I have never stunk. I'm very active but shower maybe twice a week...maybe. My hair is waist length and washed about twice a month. Hey, it works for me. I have never had any fungus problems or any sort like that. It could be my dirty vegetarian diet and throw in some good genes. I say dirty because I'm not a saint about it.

I do sea food and an occasional burger and hot dog. I don't know; my kids shower all the time, but me...just don't need to. When I was growing up we could only take a bath once a week...perhaps that's where it comes from. I also work out lots so...doesn't make me feel icky or anything. I will freshen up with baby wipes (cheaper than adult ones) or shower off at the beach after a swim. OK; go ahead and do a collective...ick!

Old 05-02-2016, 02:19 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Once a day shower 1st thing in the morning is the absolute minimum for me. I probably average 2 per day overall. I go to a fitness club most days and shower when done exercising, so that's 2. If I do any work on my property I take a shower as soon as I come in, making it three on many days, so acknowledging there are days I don't exercise, I probably average 2 overall.

Note that showering after doing any work on my property (and putting on clean clothes) is a key ingredient in dealing with any ticks that might have latched on. Lyme disease is endemic in many areas, and the spread continues unabated.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:06 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
its is not necessary to strip your skin of oils, sometimes its beneficial to the mites that are eating the dead skin cells. Consider it natures way of cleansing.

So no, bathing every day as your skin ages is not wise . Now if you are battling infections then cleansing of certain areas is needed perhaps to keep the infection sterile.

But medically No, there is no book that requires daily bathing or multiple bathing thru out a 24 hour period, (unless battling infections and even then a dry/wet treatment to the area is sufficent).

If you are in a job field that has high levels of grim or sweat factors, then yes its probably a good idea to cleanse so as not to clog the pores of skin.

we are infested with chemicals on our skin far too often...Lotions, parfumes/colognes, deodorants. All clogging the pores. And when the pores are closed, they find other outlets to secrete the natural toxins.
So really you are creating your own "aroma" in a not so healthy way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness