Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 06:18 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times

Advertisements

I know, it seems lame that I'm asking these at 25 years old, but I do have some. For four years, I've gone from not having periods at all to taking Provera every three months to induce them and now starting to get them every 3 months without Provera. I have thyroid issues and was on psychiatric meds for a several years (I'm now off of them because it was figured out, it was my thyroid so now it's only thyroid hormone I'm taking) and I guess since my thyroid must be under control (I need to get a blood test soon to check), I'm guessing things are starting to get back to "normal." Before I had thyroid issues, from 13-20, I menstruated every three months and could sort of predict them. Now I can't and last week before I got my surprise period, I noticed whenever I went for a walk, I got really dizzy and felt like I could faint. I also experienced really bad cramps (not as bad as when I had my first induced period after going without for 18 months... but still bad enough for aspirin... I usually don't take aspirin) and I also was very moody. I know moodiness is common with PMS (oh boy, do I know...), but can fainting/dizzyness be found in PMS? I never experienced it before, but for 3 days last week before the cycle, I felt that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 07:10 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
The only time I've been dizzy and felt like fainting during a period was when I was bleeding so much that I had to go have a transfusion. You would know if that was happening to you.

You should probably get your iron levels checked.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Thanks for replying. I have to call the doctor tomorrow for a blood test for the thyroid. Last time when he checked he ran a full panel (last November), so I assume he'll run those again a year later?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM

41 posts, read 73,320 times
Are you bleeding pretty heavily with the periods? Your iron level might be low, mine can get that way. I have endometriosis and cyst issues so my periods can be pretty bad, and that's even with having an ablation done. I will bleed pretty heavy, be very run down and tired and feel like I have the flu but without those symptoms. Taking iron does help, you might want to get your iron level checked.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:08 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Get your iron checked.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavoyfan View Post
Are you bleeding pretty heavily with the periods? Your iron level might be low, mine can get that way. I have endometriosis and cyst issues so my periods can be pretty bad, and that's even with having an ablation done. I will bleed pretty heavy, be very run down and tired and feel like I have the flu but without those symptoms. Taking iron does help, you might want to get your iron level checked.
It's done now. When I was on the progesterone, when I would get it every three months... there were maybe one heavy day, but nothing serious. This was only my 2nd period without progesterone, but both times there were 2-3 days where I was really heavy and I would have to change every two hours. There was only a day like that with the progesterone.

I'll get my iron checked. I've thought about getting checked for PCOS, but I'm not sure if thyroid issues and PCOS usually go hand in hand. What's an ablation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness