Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2014, 06:06 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,578,726 times

Advertisements

Ouch,

I thought I was just getting a little chubby, but my stomach appears to have swollen even more today after I ate. It may be something minor, but I'm a bit worried that I might have something serious that needs to be checked out. I look pregnant, but I know I'm not. I still don't have health insurance, though, so my options are limited to either the free clinics or emergency rooms. I did order a premium for about two-hundred dollars per month, but I cancelled it because I never found my insurance card and couldn't afford the payments anyway. Times like these make me wish I had health insurance I could afford. I didn't sign up in time for Obama Care. The website said that I didn't make enough money to qualify. Medicaid also does not service people like me unless they have families, because it was not extended where I live. I'm not feeling well. What should I do? Does anyone have an idea of what this might be? What are my options for getting treated without going into debt? I plan to get checked out regardless and am thinking about just going to the emergency room today, but I may be asking this question for future reference.

These are my symptoms.
I feel kind of like I have a cold
I've had a little trouble thinking clearly. My thoughts have sometimes been disjointed and fuzzy, and it's been easier to misplace things.
My stomach is swollen. This is not all fat; parts of my stomach are firm and stretched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 06:22 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
Go to the ER, now, please.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:16 AM

805 posts, read 1,871,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I didn't sign up in time for Obama Care. The website said that I didn't make enough money to qualify. Medicaid also does not service people like me unless they have families, because it was not extended where I live.
I think that's wrong....

I think you need to apply for Medicaid and get the official refusal letter. Once you have that official Medicaid refusal letter I think you then qualify to buy a Obamacare policy (not sure)

phone the Obamacare helpline 800-318-2596. They are really nice and helpful.......

Old 10-05-2014, 01:05 PM

698 posts, read 797,886 times
This sounds SO MUCH like water contamination poisoning. Do you have a well? You can have the water tested.
We are going through this all over California due to the drought. Our well did the same thing and my stomache was major bloated
and I began getting cramps in the middle of the night. Other symptoms too....All of us were very sick for a few weeks. My doctor even referred me to have an MRI because it was beginning to contaminate my liver, high alt & ast levels...but once we found out what it was, it cleared itself up when we began to ingest clean water

Until then, I'd only drink store bought water. Or get treated water from a friends faucet

I hope you get better soon, sorry you are going through this.

Keep us updated ok

Old 10-07-2014, 11:40 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,587,544 times
Please get ovarian cancer ruled out. It disguises itself in many ways. A swollen hard stomach is one of them.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I hope you went to the dr. Hospitals are able to extend financial aid on bills.....

Old 10-10-2014, 07:57 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,578,726 times
I went to the doctor. The doctor said that it was normal and gave me some antibiotics for a UTI. I still have little idea what caused the swelling, but it looks like it might be going down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness