Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:46 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times

Advertisements

Does the author of the study think women are immune to this? Is the author a man hater? Regardless of sex, people can be real disgusting, heartheart idiots. Why start a thread about the obvious, because a study states the obvious. Another useless filler piece, this is more fit for the NY Post than the Washington Post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 05:41 PM

560 posts, read 1,130,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
People can be idiots regardless of gender. This is just more misandry from the media and I see most of you lapped it up without a second thought.
If I could give you a 1000 reputation points I would. Misandry of course. Forget that men keep the infrastructure running in this country, do all the hard labor and maintenance in any aspect of general living, basically invented everything that is useful.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:19 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,349 times
Man says that studies can really be idiotic

Old 12-14-2014, 11:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmike11 View Post
British Medical Journal: Men really can be idiots - The Washington Post

Did we really need a study to verify what this study is trying to prove?

In other news, real life has shown that being an idiot is not limited to one gender.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:02 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
People can be idiots regardless of gender. This is just more misandry from the media and I see most of you lapped it up without a second thought.
Most appear to have not read the link. Misandry from the media? Please. It's just another POORLY TITLED opinion piece to get attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yeah, and so can women.

After all, I'm sure it was a mix of genders who decided to waste money on this 'research'.
A male MIT student conducted this research. FYI- It was a literature review about risk taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyman View Post
If I could give you a 1000 reputation points I would. Misandry of course. Forget that men keep the infrastructure running in this country, do all the hard labor and maintenance in any aspect of general living, basically invented everything that is useful.
I don't think anyone "forgets" this but you seem to have forgotten the CONDITIONS there things happened under. ie, it's difficult to contribute much to society when society keeps you uneducated, made to breed, and unable to vote until less than 100 years ago compared to about 250 yrs of males voting.

And i would hesitate to take credit for the "hard labor." What do you think most women did all day with 5-10 kids to watch? If you are talking about "lifting things up and putting them down," no worries, this will all be automated soon.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:17 PM

708 posts, read 823,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Most appear to have not read the link. Misandry from the media? Please. It's just another POORLY TITLED opinion piece to get attention.

It's a poorly titled MISANDRIC opinion piece to get attention, just as it would be misogynistic if it were about women. I'm sure people would have pointed that out if it were titled ''Study says women can really be idiots''.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Does texting like a fool while driving on one of our area's busiest roads count (head up, down, up, down)? Because I noticed two twits doing that just this afternoon. Haven't heard of texting moms running stop signs while their poor babies are strapped in the back seat? We have around here because the results were disastrous.

I know that hating men is all the rage for some, but I'm here to tell you that they're not the only ones who can be...airheads. Not by a long shot.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I like my men stupid.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:54 AM

36 posts, read 27,813 times
It's still depends on the person.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I like my men stupid.
Did you forget to put the comma after men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness