Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 10:56 AM

218 posts, read 394,267 times

Advertisements

I used to get the bad colds/sinus infection with fever for 3 days. Anywhere from 99 to 101 ( both make you feel like crap). I don't think I ever had the flu. Last time I got really sick was Oct 2010. Then every since I'll feel a cold coming on once or twice a year and it will just linger a bit and go away. Never really amounting to much other than feeling a bit under the weather. One day during the summer of 2013 I woke up with a sore throat. By night I had a 100 fever and felt like crap. I figured I was going to be really sick for a few days because when it starts in my throat I would usually get pretty sick. But by the middle of the next day my fever was gone and all I had was a runny nose for a few days. My husband had the flu 2 years ago and all I caught was a cough. Granted I did take a lot of vitamin C. Then last year he had a bad cold and I did the same thing with Vitamin C but did catch it. (But again I only had a fever for like a few hours). Not sure why I did catch the cold but only like 10% of the flu. He had a cold again this year and I had the same thing where I felt it coming on(scratchy throat and a bit achy) but it never amounted to anything. I am not doing much of anything different. I've always exercised but don't necessarily eat all that healthy. I used vitamin C sometimes but not a lot. The only thing I can think of that is different is always using hand sanitizer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 05:00 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
I grew up constantly sick. My mother was a chain smoker but it wasn't until I was an adult and away from her that I connected the dots. Also as a woman in my early 30s I was pretty skinny and seemed to catch colds several times a year.But after I put on a few pounds I found I rarely got sick.

I think the Vitamin C /cold theory was debunked long ago.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
....I used vitamin C sometimes but not a lot. The only thing I can think of that is different is always using hand sanitizer.
I don't understand why after manifesting symptoms and having a fever, using a hand sanitizer would have any effect on the course of an illness that has already entered the body.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:26 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
I moved around the country a bit when I was younger. Each time I moved to a new area, I was a lot more sick for the first year (exposed to new local illnesses).

The WORST was when I got a job visiting all the airline related businesses located around Los Angeles Airport. Those employees were in daily contact with people and cargo shipments from all over the world.

I was constantly sick for almost a year! After that, I rarely ever got sick again, even if moving somewhere else. I think I had caught everything "going around the whole world" and was thus immune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness