Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:59 PM

38 posts, read 74,107 times

Advertisements

Thanks PDD. Even on the site it says your time will be cut in half by completing paperwork online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 06:05 PM

I know they don't intentionally take their time JerseyJ. I am going through the paperwork issue with my insurance company so I am kind of used to it, unfortunately.

What is really frustrating is not being able to communicate verbally so some people have taken advantage of that while some have made sure that I can email them or type my responses.

I have everything I need. It's just a matter of getting everyone on the same page.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:15 PM

465 posts, read 607,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHoney View Post
I have been sick for 8 months. I have been to over 15 doctors. No one knows what's wrong with me.

At first it was thought that the medication I was given for pre-diabetes. Then 3 doctors told me it was depression from my job. Then a chiropractor told me it's because my neck is crooked. Now I am going to a hospital this week for a pet ct scan.

Issues: Pain in my left arm. Cannot lift it over my head. Back pain. Can't sit or stand long in 1 position. Cannot speak, walk or write correctly. This has gotten progressively worse weekly since May 2014. I have not been to work since then.

Someone asked me if I've tried muscle relaxers. I haven't.

Has anyone had these issues? What did you do about them? Did you apply for Social Security Disability?
If three doctors told you that your problems are due to depression from your job, I will assume they are right, that your condition is treatable and that you can work instead of living off of the rest of us. if you have diabetes, exercise and lose weight. That will also help your mental state. When I hear someone is suffering from depression due to work, I tend to think that's a bunch of cow poo.

I do truly hope your ct scan shows nothing, but if so you should not qualify for disability because with treatment and the right mental attitude you should be working like the rest of us.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:18 PM

lol at living off of the rest of us. Have a nice evening King of the South.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:26 PM

465 posts, read 607,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHoney View Post
lol at living off of the rest of us. Have a nice evening King of the South.
Why do 3 doctors think you are suffering from depression due to work? Did you tell all three that you are depressed due to work? It is not a diagnosis that come up except from patient history.

I have been depressed too at times from work. You know when? It's called Mondays. And the condition remarkably improves by hump day and I am happy shiny people dancing by Thursday.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Thanks again King of the South. Your input is appreciated.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:55 AM

102 posts, read 132,366 times
I'm in the middle of an ssi claim atm, I just spoke to a lawyer recently about my case and he told me a little about how my court hearing for it will go (since I've already been denied twice in this claim and the next step is court). I've been applying for about 4 years now and always gotten denied but I usually appeal and then just fill out another claim instead of going to court because I was always nervous about it, but being a little older now and learning more about it I feel that I can handle it. Apparently it takes about a year or so to get a case, I'm going for SSI as I've not been able to work long enough to qualify for SSDI but I assume that either or would be the same wait time roughly. The main thing against me apparently is the fact of my age, everyone I've asked has said that it's harder to get if you're under 50, and according to your post you are close to it so that should be alright, I'm in my 20s though. Good luck however with whatever you decide to do about it, if you need help do not let the system deny you that right, I definitely will be fighting for it as well.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:15 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post
If three doctors told you that your problems are due to depression from your job, I will assume they are right, that your condition is treatable and that you can work instead of living off of the rest of us. if you have diabetes, exercise and lose weight. That will also help your mental state. When I hear someone is suffering from depression due to work, I tend to think that's a bunch of cow poo.

I do truly hope your ct scan shows nothing, but if so you should not qualify for disability because with treatment and the right mental attitude you should be working like the rest of us.
You're just full of... assumptions, aren't you? There are quite a few doctors who will file your medical records under "C" for crazy if they can't figure out what's wrong with you in ten minutes. This happens more often to women than men, though I know a few guys who have been neglected as well. One had a dead, atrophied appendix, the second a brain tumor, and the other one, an untreated case of Lyme Disease. He was inpatient for a month. There's nothing wrong with you and it's all in your head--until someone figures out what's wrong with you. That sounds pretty depressing to me, and serious depression can cause physical problems.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:21 AM

98 posts, read 120,004 times
Is there anyway you can go to a gym or find a pool so you can move around and do some water physical therapy? I think it would do wonders because your excersizing in the water and working body parts that would be hard to do otherwise...

Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM

Nms9747, I tried hot yoga early on but I can't move well. Getting to the car is the hard part. Driving is easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness