Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 12:17 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times

Advertisements

For the last 15 years or so that I can recall, my eyes have been sensitive to light. I work in an office environment and I have to turn off all the lights, especially the ones above me. I have a nice window overlooking the city, but I keep the blinds down exposing the view just a little. When I am exposed to too much light, I will get very uncomfortable. I will start to get jittery and unable to concentrate. Sometimes I might even have to wear sunglasses inside my office when the sun is too bright.

When I am outside and not sitting all day facing a computer, then the light does not bother me as much because I'm busy doing other things. Once I come back inside a room and have to sit there for more than 15 minutes, then I will start feeling uncomfortable again. I have to wear polarized sunglasses when I'm out driving or the glare gets to me. I also cannot drive very well at night. I wear daily contacts and glasses.

I have seen one opthamologist and many optometrists, but they do not know what the problem is or seem to be too concerned. I've Googled and haven't found anything to help my situation. Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this or knows more information that can help. BTW, I am in my late 30's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:32 AM

273 posts, read 211,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
For the last 15 years or so that I can recall, my eyes have been sensitive to light. I work in an office environment and I have to turn off all the lights, especially the ones above me. I have a nice window overlooking the city, but I keep the blinds down exposing the view just a little. When I am exposed to too much light, I will get very uncomfortable. I will start to get jittery and unable to concentrate. Sometimes I might even have to wear sunglasses inside my office when the sun is too bright.

When I am outside and not sitting all day facing a computer, then the light does not bother me as much because I'm busy doing other things. Once I come back inside a room and have to sit there for more than 15 minutes, then I will start feeling uncomfortable again. I have to wear polarized sunglasses when I'm out driving or the glare gets to me. I also cannot drive very well at night. I wear daily contacts and glasses.

I have seen one opthamologist and many optometrists, but they do not know what the problem is or seem to be too concerned. I've Googled and haven't found anything to help my situation. Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this or knows more information that can help. BTW, I am in my late 30's.
That is how my problem first started. I was bothered by bright lights. I still have the problem but not as bad as yours sounds. Mine also includes problems with double vision occasionally if I stress in reading a lot which I do always since I have a computer based job.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
This is not medical advice.

Weak, tired, sluggish adrenals....they don't have the strength to even keep
your pupils small...they pulsate letting in unwanted light.
Shine a flashlight in your eye in front of a mirror
your pupil should stay small...period...not pulsate...due to weak adrenals.
(One of about 140 functions of these little guys.)

Glandular supplements should rebuild/strength them...Standard Process' Drenimen...or
Nutri-West's Core Level Adrenals...and chew them.

I would see a recommended Naturopath/Certified Nutritionist combo, myself.
But I already have so now I know!

Let us know! Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness