Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 582 times

Advertisements

For a year now I kept getting very large tonsils that almost touched and were very white. Steroid medicine was usually given if I got into a doctor on time. Finally I had reached the limit for times of getting the infection and just had my surgery on a past Friday. Day one: hurt right after the surgery but as the day went on I was thinking to myself; well not as bad as I thought. Day two: pain got a little worse, the night was rough, I was eating Popsicles or applesauce and drinking water because I found the Gatorade was a little too sugary and made my saliva very thick. Day 3: this was the worst by far.. The scabs started to form and I could no longer talk or really eat anything. They said day three to start introducing soups and mashed potatoes but i was not ready for that. Day 4 & 5 are the same: mostly trouble in the night, slowly getting off the pain meds and switching to ibuprofen. Still lots of pain in my jaw and ears. Cannot talk well but ice packs help. I have found cold foods work better for the pain. Don't try to rush the soups and mashed potatoes. Also make sure for the first couple of nights that you are taking your pain meds through the night, you most likely will wake up to the pain but if not set alarms because you will wake up in much more pain if you do not. Hope this has helped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 02:23 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
The older you are when you have tonsils removed, the more it hurts!

Old 10-22-2015, 03:19 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,816,044 times
I was 21 when I had mine out. I found I tolerated warm food better than cold. Except when my mother put pepper on my mashed potatoes and the pepper got into the open sores. I ate lots of buttered pasta and rice with broth. I still lost 16 lbs in 10 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness