Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 10:13 PM

3 posts, read 4,072 times

Advertisements

I have had something called keratosis Pilaris since early on in highschool. I'm in my early 20's now and still have it, it has never cleared up even the slightest.

You see, not only do I have the little bumps, but they are red. So I literally have a ton of little red bumps all over my upper arms and upper thighs. They kind of look like pimples. It's quite embarrassing for me sometimes.

My dermatologist told me from day one that it's extremely hard to manage/get rid of and most likely will not go away but possibly will clear up in years to come.

I exfoliate my skin regularly and keep it very moisturized.

Does anyone have this condition and can give me some advice? Has yours ever went away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 11:17 PM

135 posts, read 170,000 times
Its reported on the net that 50% of young people have this condition, including me.

My opinion is that there is something in cooked foods that contribute to this. I am by no means versed in what an ordinary person considers "human physiology," but I think it could be growth hormones or maybe even nano particles that is so prevalent in foods today. I deduce this by observing reports of KP in history and found that it started appearing noticeably in populaces that consume the foods we do now. Before GMO foods existed, KP was absent.

With this in mind, I very much advise you to partake in a raw food cleansing program. If you have the willingness to start, do know that its only hard in the beginning because your palate is distorted if you're currently eating a heavily cooked food diet, which by all means is addicting. After a few weeks you will notice a transformation not only of the complexion of your skin but also your well-being.

I also used to use coconut oil topically in the past, but now I just use it primarily as a cooking oil. I use distilled water/urine and nothing else when it comes to contact with my skin.

The results are astounding. I still have minute traces of KP but its pretty much night and day difference comparing to how it was when I was a teenager. I am not so strict with my diet like I used to be and that could be why it totally hasn't subsided.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:19 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
My sisters and I all have it. Mine has gotten much better in my 30's, and so has one of my sisters. My youngest sister still has it pretty bad.

I take a multivitamin and flax seed oil daily and so does my sister who's seen her keratosis pilaris improve like I have. I don't know if that's what's helped, or if it's just improving with age, but it's a pretty inexpensive thing to try.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:27 PM

16,077 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Oh dear, I'm in my 50's and have it, as does my daughter. Mine is not terrible and I have used an RX cream that helped. Ask your doc about something called Dovonex, be warned it's really expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it

Old 12-27-2015, 03:02 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,254,000 times
I had it as a child on my arms... it's not really even visible now. I use over the counter salicylic and glycolic acids on a daily basis to keep that area smooth anyways.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City-duck View Post
Its reported on the net that 50% of young people have this condition, including me.

My opinion is that there is something in cooked foods that contribute to this. I am by no means versed in what an ordinary person considers "human physiology," but I think it could be growth hormones or maybe even nano particles that is so prevalent in foods today. I deduce this by observing reports of KP in history and found that it started appearing noticeably in populaces that consume the foods we do now. Before GMO foods existed, KP was absent.

With this in mind, I very much advise you to partake in a raw food cleansing program. If you have the willingness to start, do know that its only hard in the beginning because your palate is distorted if you're currently eating a heavily cooked food diet, which by all means is addicting. After a few weeks you will notice a transformation not only of the complexion of your skin but also your well-being.

I also used to use coconut oil topically in the past, but now I just use it primarily as a cooking oil. I use distilled water/urine and nothing else when it comes to contact with my skin.

The results are astounding. I still have minute traces of KP but its pretty much night and day difference comparing to how it was when I was a teenager. I am not so strict with my diet like I used to be and that could be why it totally hasn't subsided.

Hi thank you this makes a lot of sense. Are you saying I should try the raw food cleansing for a few weeks or long term?

Old 12-28-2015, 01:24 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,819,005 times
I've had it since I was a teen and I am 60+ now.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:31 AM

467 posts, read 1,891,711 times
I had it when I was a teenager. It presented as small bumps on the rear sides of my upper arms. I remember using Lac Hydrin as a treatment, but it wasn't very effective (you could still try it). I don't haven't had it for many, many years (I'm in my late 30s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness