Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 02:42 AM

171 posts, read 193,966 times

Advertisements

In the back like my scapula. I got up the other day and felt it was a little sore but figured I just laid wrong and figured it would go away....I did a half hour walk with 3 lbs weights and it didn't hurt....throughout the day I noticed it but wasn't bad....by night it got worse....now in the middle of the night I can barely move around. It hurts to turn over or move my neck. I took Tylenol and used the heating pad but it doesn't work. I can't lay on my left side where the pain is because it feels like my whole arm is losing circulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 09:06 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Time to see a doc. Try one of the stand-alone ERs. They can decide if it's bruised or torn. If torn, you are going to need surgery. By the sounds of it, it's simply overworked and bruised but I am NOT a physician.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:28 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
I've had muscle spasms that felt like that. Sometimes when it's happening, you can look in the mirror and see that one shoulder looks an inch or two higher than the other. It always hurts worst when you're trying to sleep.

For me, a heating pad, massage (just one of those plug-in back massagers, nothing fancy), and ibuprofen all help. When my husband gets a shoulder spasm, he goes to the doctor for muscle relaxers. He's had physical therapy for a shoulder spasm before and it didn't seem to get better any faster than mine did with home treatment, although the muscle relaxers made it more comfortable for him and helped him sleep.

I wouldn't go to one of those stand-alone ERs if there was an urgent care clinic or if my own doctor would see me that day...with or without insurance, the ER is more expensive than the other options.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
From years of gym work, I ended up with 2 injured shoulders...close to frozen but not quite. I went to a chiro for the shoulder work and he was amazing and that was 10 yrs ago. I also had dextrose prolotherapy on right shoulder about 6 yrs ago and got 3 yrs of pain free results. There is so much one can do. I'd start with a "smart" chiro ... they all do shoulder work. I've gone to chiros for probably 40 yrs of my long life. Still do for some laser work and activator work. Can't do adjustments any more mostly due to hip replacement mess which has caused the whole body to be off. I do arm/shoulder exercises I've learned over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness