Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 06:29 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
First of all not really believing your 1K + figure (a different person every week for 19 years). Secondly even if you were close to that figure, overwhelming odds are you would have a variety of viruses - many which could be asymptomatic and some of which don't have tests. So presuming even a modicum of truth, you are (likely) not only a carrier but guilty of spreading disease to many, many otherwise innocent ladies.

So congrats, you can feel good about killing yourself.
If that is true, it's disgusting. Sorry, not sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 10:37 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,414,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post

Technically "you can catch an STD from only a single unprotected encounter" but in general it's not true for middle class people who only bang other middle class people. If you have exotic tastes or if you bang people who have exotic tastes, then use protection. It's pretty much a no-brainer.
More brilliance on display.

This one thinks financial status makes a person nearly immune, and that "exotic" sex acts are the problem.

https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/sexual-health/sexually-transmitted-infections/can-i-get-sti-if

"Some STIs are transmitted differently than others. Some STIs are transmitted through vaginal fluid, seminal fluid and/or blood, but others are transmitted through skin-to-skin contact. A condom can act as a barrier for fluids but it does not eliminate all skin-to-skin contact. As a result, transmission of STIs such as herpes, HPV, syphilis, pubic lice, or scabies can occur even if a condom is used.

Condoms are not always used correctly. Condoms that are not used correctly can put someone at risk for infection. STIs can be transmitted if the condom: breaks, is used after initial sexual contact, is torn, or comes off completely.

STIs that can be transmitted through oral sex include herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis and HPV. You can make oral sex safer by using a condom or an oral dam and avoiding oral sex during a herpes or cold sore outbreak."

I don't see how anything "exotic" needs to occur in order to contract an STD, unless you call regular intercourse or oral sex "exotic".

Old 04-25-2016, 08:40 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times
Well, as much as the liberals hate it, what they teach in school IS true. I graduated in the mid-2000s and had sex-ed in school and was never taught that abstinence was the only way. Even here in so-called backwoods North Carolina, we were told about condoms and birth control. However, we were taught that abstinence is the only true way of preventing STDs and pregnancy, and that's true.

Yes, birth control helps reduce chances of pregnancy. Condoms help prevent STDs. Both are still a chance, though, especially when you're dealing with irresponsible teenagers who might not take their birth control like they are supposed to or who might not put on a condom correctly.

At the end of the day, I think sleeping with a lot of people is gross, with or without protection. I'm not miss goody-two-shoes, and I'm actually an Atheist, but screwing a bunch of people randomly all the time is probably going to result in some kind of problem. Hopefully, it's not a too-big problem -- like a treatable STD -- but condoms do fail, not everyone takes their birth control every day like they are supposed to (and things like antibiotics or getting sick and throwing up can cause them to fail), etc.

Screwing everything that walks is gross. I don't mean it from a religious or moral standpoint, because I'm not religious. I mean it from a physical standpoint. If you're screwing all of these people, you're probably kissing them, too. You're swapping spit and other bodily fluids with a person you don't know. The crazy thing about that is that the same people who do that all the time probably use hand sanitizer all the time or are anal about a friend double-dipping with the chips and salsa at the bar, all before they pick up some guy or girl they've never met and swap spit, do oral, have sex (with or without a condom), etc.

Disgusting.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:29 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,235,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I think a lot of people forget about this one. It might just be the worst one these days. It could be argued that in 2016 Hep C is worse than HIV.
No....that couldn't be argued at all, at least not successfully

Hep C treatment has advanced tremendously in the past 3 years and there are now effective "cures" for Hep C with one pill regimens for relatively short terms compared to the previous treatment with interferon

Hep C can be cured in 2016

HIV there is no cure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness