Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 08:14 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
There is a correlation between severe TBI and Diabetes Insipidus not Diabetes mellitus and when it occurs it is typically right after the event often temporary
I had a TBI almost three years ago, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 10:17 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
I should add that my friend was also in her 20s when she developed diabetes insipidus, and she was not overweight. I don't think she had a TBI though. There is no explanation for why she got it; some people just do.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:56 AM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
As others have said, please go see a doctor about this. That is certainly not normal.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:11 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
... overhydration, or drinking too much water, is also a potentially deadly condition. It can throw off the balance between water and sodium in your blood.
Overhydration: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments

Are You Drinking Too Much Water? 9 Signs | Reader

Old 11-01-2016, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Honestly, I am becoming concerned about my excessive thirst; indeed, I have to drink about one liter of water every hour (that I'm awake) in order to avoid becoming dehydrated.

For the record, I am 24-year-old and a 210 pound (albeit with most of it being fat rather than muscle) male.

Anyway, is this normal or is this symptomatic of some kind of deeper and more serious problem?

Also, for the record, I would like to point out that I certainly know when exactly my body gets dehydrated; indeed, a month ago or so, I literally almost fainted as a result of dehydration and felt much better after I drank a couple of liters of water (albeit at a relatively slow pace in order to avoid filling my body with all of that water in a single minute or two).

Anyway, any thoughts on this?
seems pretty obsessive to me: you may have just gotten in such a habit or drinking water you body has started craving it. My husband drinks a lot, so does daughter. Not that much though. In case of hubby, the doctor, about 10 years ago recommended he drink more, now he craves it.

On the other hand, if I were you I would certainly talk to your doctor about this. There could be a health issue there. Diabetes comes to mind first.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:44 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Doctor time. Something is way wrong. I can't even imagine how you're able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:46 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
See a Doctor. Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes. Only a medical checkup can give you the right answer.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:17 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
You didn't mention the second part. Diabetes symptoms almost always include frequent urination and naturally if you drink that much that would happen but the peeing happens even when you don't drink a lot.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:00 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
As many others have said, this most certainly sounds like some form of diabetes (I am one). Before I was diagnosed I had excessive thirst all the time. But in my case I wanted salty foods and had to wash down with diluted juice. It was just ongoing. I am ok now, no more excessive thirst.

I would worry about your electrolyte balance with all that drinking/urinating. Unbalanced electrolytes will start causing serious health problems. It took me years to get mine balanced again.

Good luck to you!

Old 11-01-2016, 10:43 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,037 times
20 LITRES a day? Wow. Are you up and active at least 20 hours a day? If so, why? Most people sleep more than 4 hours.

I agree - see a doctor ASAP. You are probably doing yourself a LOT of harm even if you are not outwardly ill yet.

Do you take medications of any sort? In particular are you on anything for schizophrenia? Some medications can cause extreme thirst I believe. If you are on any medications, look up their side effects.

Do you sweat a lot? Are you having to go to the bathroom constantly? In other words, is what is going in, also coming out in relatively equal measures or are you retaining fluids?

Just things to think about .. but get to the doctor for a real assessment. And be completely honest with the doctor about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness