Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 12:00 PM

213 posts, read 204,757 times

Advertisements

A couple of days before this started I had gotten another cold at random after eating at home (I have gotten sick more than 12 times this year ever since I started working retail, which is unusual for me, since I usually only get sick once or twice a year.)

Sick of being sick I broke off from my alternative medicine upbringing and at the advice of some of coworkers i took some Contac. I got a lot of congestion and dry mouth but was feeling better.

3 days later I was still having a lot of mucus and took some Lemon-Ginger drink, only to become nauseous and vomit all morning. I vomited up a yellow-green liquid, i assume is bile. I was unable to work, so i just came home and collapsed, sleeping the entire day.

The next day i felt better, but i had to clean up the entirety of the mens bathroom because feces was everywhere thanks to a stoppage. i washed my hands as usual, and went about my day. later that day i ate some corn chips and orange juice, then i woke up in the early morning and profusely vomited once again. i had no energy left, and was forced to lie in bed all day, and afternoon only getting up 2 or 3 times for water, which made me feel much better. but the worst was yet to come;

around 10 PM i found that i had diarrhea and had defecated on myself. i continued to do this all night, until it finally stopped around 4: AM. i got up, took a bath, ate one boiled potato and washed the soiledl inens, then ate some yogurt, and finally went to work, which i mostly spent trying to avoid falling asleep.

i almost vomited at work, but nothing "came out". i drunk a bottle of gatorade which made me feel a lot better. i also had a lot of gas, and burped quite a lot.

i slept well this night, and woke up to a sense of diarrhea and held it back. a wee bit escaped into my underwear as i drifted in and out of sleep. i feel forever sleepy, as if i never get enough rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 07:39 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,991,884 times
Sounds like you had/have Noro-virus....more commonly called the "stomach flu"....it's a viral thing...characterized by vomiting and diarrhea...sometimes, simultaneously....and it usually lasts about 48-36 hours...but you'll feel awful for longer than that.

If it doesn't resolve in 4 days...head to a doctor.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:37 AM

213 posts, read 204,757 times
yeah, i did.

i feel better now. that was pretty wack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness