Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:51 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times

Advertisements

Well, my intermittent blood spotting was bright red, and it turned out to be rectal cancer.

The blood color depends on where the problem is; if higher up, the blood turns darker before it comes out.

Go to the doctor, catch it early. Skip the Fecal Occult Blood Test (you already know there's blood), and skip the sigmoidoscopy; go straight to a colonoscopy.

Last edited by steiconi; 06-23-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 02:50 PM

2,032 posts, read 3,347,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
OMG!!!! I had that happen..... thought I was going to die. Luckily someone asked me that question before I ran to the ER!!!
It's never wrong to go to the ER if you have blood in your stools - or any other unusual place. They would understand.

OP needs to discuss with his doctor!

Old 06-23-2017, 06:15 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I disagree with going to the ER, that's for when you are in danger of life or limb.

I would consult a doctor though.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-24-2017, 10:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
nickerman, I totally agree with you. If you do continue to have problems, as you mentioned once a week or so, yes, get it checked out and next time you see your PC physician be sure to tell him or her, but to run, not walk because of an occasional bit of bleeding is probably a waste unless you fell it is necessary.

Makalia,

You and I think alike on this one: running to ER everytime there is something that might, possibly, serious is taking up a spot in ER that might be better used for someone who really needs the attention. Hospitals have a very small staff on in the ER and they can be kept very busy. Most ailments can easily wait til one can see his or her doctor.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:36 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nickerman, I totally agree with you. If you do continue to have problems, as you mentioned once a week or so, yes, get it checked out and next time you see your PC physician be sure to tell him or her, but to run, not walk because of an occasional bit of bleeding is probably a waste unless you fell it is necessary.

Makalia,

You and I think alike on this one: running to ER everytime there is something that might, possibly, serious is taking up a spot in ER that might be better used for someone who really needs the attention. Hospitals have a very small staff on in the ER and they can be kept very busy. Most ailments can easily wait til one can see his or her doctor.
Well I certainly agree with the two above.. when I went to the ER on Dec 2 it was in a gurney via 911, and in the 4.5 months I was gone I ran into enough people who run to the ER for anything.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:27 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You should go to your Dr. You should have gone when you first saw it.
To the person that left me reps saying "Balony (their spelling) there's a lot of good info here"

A Dr.'s advice is always better than strangers on the forum....as much as we care, and as much knowledge and life experience as many of us have....nothing should take the place of medical advice from your trained family physician.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
To the person that left me reps saying "Balony (their spelling) there's a lot of good info here"

A Dr.'s advice is always better than strangers on the forum....as much as we care, and as much knowledge and life experience as many of us have....nothing should take the place of medical advice from your trained family physician.

I have NEVER gotten good advice from MD's and I have a case right now with hospital doctors who attended me during this recent hospital/rehab mess. I shouldn't say never, because I do get good advice from integrative MD's which I started seeing a good 10 yrs ago.

I went 10 yrs with NO ADVICE from endo's and md's on what I believed was a sluggish thyroid and was given 10 yrs of anti depressant drugs. It was thyroid all those years. No, not here did I get good advice from MD.s. My friends have some of the best advice as do "friends" on health support groups.

Most of them get fed up with doctors too.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:

Seems like common sense , but you know what they say.....

Old 06-24-2017, 03:39 PM

We speak from experiences and our friends, etc. have no special interests, gains from their so called advice. They truly want to help us and we them.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We speak from experiences and our friends, etc. have no special interests, gains from their so called advice. They truly want to help us and we them.
Good intentions do not automatically translate into good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness