Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 03:28 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
I'd like to see more clinical data as opposed to athletes. I went through regenexx in Pa.
May I ask how much your treatments run.
I did the HA shots (3 shots, week a part) that was 1,500
My stem cell was 4 treatments 4,000 dollars
Neither did any thing. Id like to see some efficacy studies.

Now for me it's all about quality of life. Currently im fighting to save my right knee. If stem cell progress to where it's a viable alternative i may revisit it. But 1000's off dollars and still in pain?? I'll probably be good into next year but again I really am not going to let bad knees prevent me from living my life to the fullest, especially since my replaced knee is fabulous.

Again I do hope this science continues to advance.
Oh there is so much data out there...if I leave patient reviews, members say they are made up...I have left patient reviews. Videos are posted above somewhere. One can find miles and miles of info on Prolo and PRP and Stem Cells. I don't know what you are looking for.

Millions just in the U.S. could be doing this work and we don't know...the athletes are a good example that stand out.

I could post all of Dr. Darrow's yelp reviews from patients, but again I'd hear "they are made up".

I've only had Dextrose prolo and the first time 10 yrs ago in shoulder, it cost me $200.

Then I was getting Dextrose prolo in knee in mid 2016 and somehow the D.O. was submitting to insurance and they were paying, I didn't question him. The injections were helping, but as I've said SO MANY times, the 5th injection, which I pushed for, he hit a bone and it really hurt at the time...then everything let loose over the next months which the infection issue set in. I was falling over and ended up in ER, long story and I've told it here. I didn't walk for close to 3 months due to staph infection. Doctors were negligent in finding the infection.

The HA I went thru years ago were by Medicare coverage and I went with two different sessions. One year SynVisc and a few years later a rheumy said I should try Eufflexa and so went that route. No help with those either time. And Medicare paid plenty for those shots.

When you say 4 treatments, do that mean 4 different visits to clinic? $4K sounds very low for that as Darrow charges close to $2K per treatment.

I'm working to save my knee from any surgery, but I'm not planning to travel etc...I'm happy to be walking as I do...I so so so dread a surgery. I'm running out of steam at 80 and it takes a lot of energy to go thru these replacements, and they take a lot out of one too.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Didn't ask you about your knee or the shorter leg problem only about the direct and confirmed problems from the hip replacement
You say he 'botched it" it....what did he do that was wrong?
I suppose you'll say every other surgeon that you've gone to is just covering up for him? Or haven't you even sought other opinions?
The shorter leg is a side effect, complication as far as I am concerned.

The surgeon, up front, didn't say, hey "you may come out with a shorter/longer knee from the surgery"...but after vising so many forums, this is a huge issue...leg discrepancy. I've told you my complications and that's the end.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:44 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

The surgeon, up front, didn't say, hey "you may come out with a shorter/longer knee from the surgery"...but after vising so many forums, this is a huge issue...leg discrepancy. I've told you my complications and that's the end.
In other words he did nothing wrong, did not "botch" your surgery, wasn't necessarily rushing off to play golf.
he either ( which most of us hard to believe) didn't caution you about the possible complications or you just weren't paying attention? which after all your investigative abilities since the longer ago knee fiasco seems unlikely

Old 08-16-2018, 04:03 PM

eliza61nyc

Just occurred to me, Darrow says there are exceptions and some they may not work. There are no guarantees...

Have you ever thought about trying some Dextrose injections as they are a lot less but could be the TKR is for you.

You said you used regenix, and I know of them and they are out there a lot. Do you know if they do dextrose injections. Just thinkin. Darrow speaks of Regenix and high marks...he speaks highly of all surgeons, but he's down on a lot of surgery. Says surgeons have the hardest jobs but feels many surgeries are not necessary.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-16-2018 at 04:14 PM..

Old 08-16-2018, 04:25 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:

But a huge percentage of the population have the same measurement of one leg shorter as you do, naturally. It was like 30% of the population.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-16-2018, 05:07 PM

674 posts, read 608,609 times
In the spirit of a well-known member's postings, here are a few choice items for your reading pleasure. But please check your brain at the entrance first.

Apollo and the moon-landing hoax | Human World | EarthSky
Stop Alien Abductions (make sure you are not drinking as you read this one, or you will spew your drink all over the monitor)
https://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djub...rthsociety.htm

Old 08-16-2018, 05:08 PM

eliza61nyc

Another thought, I had been seeing alternative rheumatologist after hip replacement as she was working on my body with acupuncture, mesotherapy and prolotherapy (dextrose). She was helping me at that time as I could hardly sit on my behind from the surgery mess. Her work was helping me a lot. She was somehow billing Medicare and then they got on her so had to stop and then my work was going to have to be out of pocket. I could not afford it then.

A friend and her husband go to her for dextrose prolo for their knees and they love how it's helping them..they are both very early 60's. My friend says they have not gone back for some time now since the work is "holding" for them. But they will go back for more if it comes down to that.

Just another thought for you on dextrose.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But a huge percentage of the population have the same measurement of one leg shorter as you do, naturally. It was like 30% of the population.
My legs were even for 72 yrs...thanks.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
In the spirit of a well-known member's postings, here are a few choice items for your reading pleasure. But please check your brain at the entrance first.

Apollo and the moon-landing hoax | Human World | EarthSky
Stop Alien Abductions (make sure you are not drinking as you read this one, or you will spew your drink all over the monitor)
https://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djub...rthsociety.htm
What??? Kinda Off Topic, No.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:27 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
eliza61nyc

Just occurred to me, Darrow says there are exceptions and some they may not work. There are no guarantees...

Have you ever thought about trying some Dextrose injections as they are a lot less but could be the TKR is for you.

You said you used regenix, and I know of them and they are out there a lot. Do you know if they do dextrose injections. Just thinkin. Darrow speaks of Regenix and high marks...he speaks highly of all surgeons, but he's down on a lot of surgery. Says surgeons have the hardest jobs but feels many surgeries are not necessary.
No I don't know about dextrose. I have my next steroid shot tomorrow, they last me about 4 months. right now my right knee is doing pretty well with that (lol I know this is not a long term solution)

I'm only 58 right now and planning to retire real soon so my mobility is extremely important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness