Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 09:15 AM

47 posts, read 35,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
My doctor says if you are on a statin and having side effects, get on a good CO-Q10.
Yes, such an important point to note. Many doctors have people start on CoQ10 a few weeks prior to starting statins to build up CoQ10 levels. This will prevent CoQ10 levels from dropping too drastically once they start on the statin.

You should also take a water and fat-soluble form for better absorption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 09:21 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,539,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdcd View Post
<>You should also take a water and fat-soluble form for better absorption.
How can it be both? I need to do some research apparently.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Keep working with the doctors it might take sometime to figure out the problem. My grandfather had a pacemaker put in, and for almost 2 years he felt weak he kept going back to his cardiologist just told him had nothing to do with the pace maker. His GP decided to send him to a different cardiologist who had the pace maker manufacture send a representative in to check the programming turned out the pacemaker was programmed incorrectly when it would activate it pumped the chambers so the blood pressure would drop too much.
Dad has never had heart problems - last year they gave him the stress test which they actually stopped mid-stream because they couldn't get him working hard enough on the machine (he was able to breeze through it, so it doesn't measure much)......

As mentioned, he always exercised and was in great shape - still has not gained weight, etc.

To tell you what kind of guy he was/is, he and a friend bought a 2nd condo in their building which they outfitted with a Stairmaster as well as other equipment and they would have a Pro come work them out at least 4X per week.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 PM

13,313 posts, read 7,359,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Dad has never had heart problems - last year they gave him the stress test which they actually stopped mid-stream because they couldn't get him working hard enough on the machine (he was able to breeze through it, so it doesn't measure much)......

As mentioned, he always exercised and was in great shape - still has not gained weight, etc.

To tell you what kind of guy he was/is, he and a friend bought a 2nd condo in their building which they outfitted with a Stairmaster as well as other equipment and they would have a Pro come work them out at least 4X per week.
I get that the point I was making was he should see another doctor before giving up.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM

47 posts, read 35,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
How can it be both? I need to do some research apparently.
The CoQ10 molecule is slightly fat-soluble, so many companies suspend CoQ10 in oil to help improve absorption in the intestines. Technology has been developed to create solubilized CoQ10 with improved dissolution in both fat and water. They use an emulsified to help break up the CoQ10 into individual molecules that can dissolve. This is similar to the way dish soap breaks oil into single fat droplets. This helps the CoQ10 pass through the intestines much easier.

Here is a study which found that solubilized CoQ10 leads to higher plasma CoQ10 levels: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...10+formulation

(Source: I work in healthcare and I am a huge supplement nerd)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness