Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 01:56 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Mosquitoes eat me alive. When I'm around they don't bother anyone else near me but bite me constantly.

I have scars on my feet from being bitten so much.

I read somewhere that it is a cholesterol issue.

Huh. Does high or low cholesterol supposedly attract them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 02:18 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Anyone else so "blessed"?
Yellow Jackets chase me. Like, if I get out of their way they dive-bomb me. I used to think it was because of the beer I drink (Icehouse), but the other day I sat outside with a bottle of water and they still came after me. I don't get it.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:21 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
I freaked out a bit since they seemed to run after me.
See?!?! My husband thinks I am nuts!!! I told him damn roaches chase me!!!

Old 11-08-2017, 06:51 PM

426 posts, read 351,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
See?!?! My husband thinks I am nuts!!! I told him damn roaches chase me!!!
Hahah yes I’m not the only one! Lol I hate them so much. When ever I visit anyone’s home or apartment and they have roaches, atleast one will always run towards me. I used to have an infestation where I used to live but with the big ones. I never had them there at first until one found it’s way over and then boom they took over. Omg that was a few years of hell dealing with them. Raid didn’t do almost anything to them I feel that they were getting smarter and were building a resistance to it. Once I got boric acid it wiped them out completely. At one point it got so bad that I saw between one to a few big ones daily and they used to fly sometimes. I had one fly on my face once, one of them even followed me into the bathtub so I slipped and fell on my butt when I saw that sucker running towards me. I noticed during the summer time I see them a lot outside on the streets and sometimes the side walks all over the city, especially from a building around my area, they always love hanging out by the side of that building. I passed by and had to freaking jump and tippy toe at the same time cause like 2 big suckers kept running towards me lol and they came from different directions, I was like what the heck man are they trying to kill me. I swear every time I see one of them I feel like I’ll get a heart attack haha. I just hope they don’t find their way here to where I live now, I don’t need that living nightmarish situation to return again like I used to deal with at the old place.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:36 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
LOL, bugs love me above everyone else in my vicinity.

Go into Starbucks to get coffee, every stinking fly in the store makes a beeline to me....ignoring everyone else.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:04 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
The sweat of some people smells better to bugs. I remember reading about it but not why.

That's what first popped into my mind. I'm sure it's the smell. Certain people's pheramones must be more attractive to bugs. They love mine! Hate my husband's. So I'm the opposite of the OP. I get eaten up all the time, at all times of the year, but more so in the summer. It sucks. I'm glad I don't like to wear shorts or expose my skin. It would look like I have scabies to a lot of people I suppose. That would prob gross 'em out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I think diet and such can come into play
That can definitely be a part of it! My husband and I have vastly different diets. I tend to eat more healthy than he does, more fruits and vegetables (he hardly eats any. And tons of processed food. He's healthy as a horse however. Very physical labor job too, as well as numbers checking out well on wellness check-ups).

Old 11-13-2017, 06:17 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Bugs love me, especially the biters...fleas, mosquitos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness