Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times

Advertisements

I'm in the market for an air purifier, and the first place I checked was Consumer Reports, which had highly rated BlueAir. But I've noticed, as I was cruising online that there are numerous sites that deal with totally different brands. For instance, CR didn't mention Rabbit at all, but I see Rabbit getting top honors elsewhere. And the site that praised Rabbit didn't mention BlueAir.

I'm not asking for feedback of "I have a Honeywell and have been very happy with it." What I'm looking for is a place with broadly comprehensive information. Are some sites more reliable than others? Because there are quite a few.

What I'm hoping for is something that's great but not wildly expensive - and BlueAir has something that fits the bill, but I'd like to know about other options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm in the market for an air purifier, and the first place I checked was Consumer Reports, which had highly rated BlueAir. But I've noticed, as I was cruising online that there are numerous sites that deal with totally different brands. For instance, CR didn't mention Rabbit at all, but I see Rabbit getting top honors elsewhere. And the site that praised Rabbit didn't mention BlueAir.

I'm not asking for feedback of "I have a Honeywell and have been very happy with it." What I'm looking for is a place with broadly comprehensive information. Are some sites more reliable than others? Because there are quite a few.

What I'm hoping for is something that's great but not wildly expensive - and BlueAir has something that fits the bill, but I'd like to know about other options.
Don't know of any grand site that won't be biased toward one brand or another, but you might have better luck with user experiences if you approach it through sites that deal with allergy or asthma prevention rather then purifier sites themselves. All of them are going to be influenced by the exact conditions under which each unit is being used.

FWIW, I use a RabbitAir and find it works pretty well in the correctly-sized room that is kept clean and with windows shut.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:58 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Always to be taken with a grain of salt, I like going to a site like Amazon or Walmart that sells a variety of brands and reading reviews from those that have purchased one.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:17 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
I'd say look at it from a factual basis.....what features actually contribute to making the air cleaner. A lot of these overpriced air-cleaners, making a lot of wild claims....just seems scammish to me.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:44 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I'd say look at it from a factual basis.....what features actually contribute to making the air cleaner. A lot of these overpriced air-cleaners, making a lot of wild claims....just seems scammish to me.
Even the best top-rated purifier con't do what it's designed to do if it is used in the wrong circumstances. If your expectations are lower, less likely to be disappointed.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:42 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I would think the only things important would be HEPA filter, reliability, volume of air and noise.

If it is a reliable brand, has a HEPA filter (check replacement cost), sized for the area you need and quiet.... then it doesn't really matter which one you get.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-02-2018, 03:16 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Don't know of any grand site that won't be biased toward one brand or another, but you might have better luck with user experiences if you approach it through sites that deal with allergy or asthma prevention rather then purifier sites themselves. All of them are going to be influenced by the exact conditions under which each unit is being used.

FWIW, I use a RabbitAir and find it works pretty well in the correctly-sized room that is kept clean and with windows shut.
The problem with user experiences is that there's no element of comparison. And most ordinary people don't necessarily even know the different aspects to judge. For instance, I like that Consumer Reports might do comparisons about noise levels.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:44 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
So, OP, did you find the comparison website you wanted? If so, please share it.

Which Air purifier did you buy? Are you happy with it?

Consumer Reports' Buying Guide for 2021 ranks the BlueAir Classic 605 #1, but it's very expensive at $830.
Their #2 is BlueAir Blue Pure 211+ for $300.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness