Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 PM

605 posts, read 866,673 times

Advertisements

~ living in California
~ $21,500 in savings
~ live with a conficted felon (my brother) who is juvenille and voliatile to tell the least, who also gives the excuse, 'I can't move anywhere, I'm a felon', so my mom, who has enabled both of us for her own security (Lord knows i have tried to break this toxic cycle), says to me, 'you'll have to find a place to live' This happened 12 years ago, when his probation officer told my mom that my brother and I could not be in the same house - so I left. I have been out on my own several times, but yes, always come back to what I thought was the comfort zone.
~ looking for a possible roommate situation, but realistically, how reliable is that - to me, not very. There's so much involved here, but this is the jist of it.
Am I rational in thinking and feeling so angry, sad, frustrated, and resentful towards my mom who, I took care of when she had her heart attack in Dec., and my brother who, I visited in prison and picked up in prison and took care of his soon to be repossessed car when he committed his crime? And I am tired! I moved away for a year and got emotionally stable and was so much happier, unfortunately, the people I met used me, and charged me money for everything they did help me with - I hardly call those people friends. I email with one of the spiritual guidance counselors, I miss her, she was so helpful.
Between the grieving of a chapter of my life that was so far the best, now closed, I'm not sure where to go from here. At times I feel like I have the confidence to tackle all on my plate, and other times I sit and waste the days as I watch time slipping away and I am on disability, with no retirement or nest egg in site. I go to a Partial program and look and feel I could do their job.
Would someone please be willing to give me some sound guidance - as I don't really have anyone who can do that for me. I thought about going back to 'refresh' my Medical Assistant degree, and/or take some ECE units to get a job as a Teacher's Aide, and I need to meet with a financial aid counselor so I can finally finish my Bachelor's in Psychology, so I can learn what options are available to me so I can finally be independent - physically and emotionally. I've gained 20 pounds in the last month because of new medication that has finally helped my panic attacks, and a muscle relaxer which I don't think I need all the time, so the weight doesn't help---but dang that's the last thing I need to think about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 11:49 PM

Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
I would seek help from a friend, family member, therapist, clergy member, or some other trained professional instead of seeking help for such an issue on a public Internet forum. don't think anyone here can help you w/ this (and frankly, I didn't quite understand the OP to begin w/)

Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 AM

790 posts, read 4,019,693 times
WannaBNorCal,
You may get more and better responses if you post this over on the Relationships Forum.
I've read alot of helpful responses to posts about difficulties similar to yours over there.
Take care.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 PM

Thanks rubyskye will do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness