Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Fell on ice in 1999. Still bothers me some days. Some days not. I don't do surgery unless the problem is life threatening. Had surgery once. Once is enough.

My wife's was so bad that hey had cadaver tissue on hand just in case. It wasn't needed luckily. She has healed completely.

agree with you on the surgery, especially as we age. I am a candidate for back surgery but am living without it. NO way am I going to go through it at my age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
To me it's a healing smell, no stink as I'm concerned.
What is it and do you get it at Walgreen's or Walmart

Old 11-08-2018, 10:59 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,784,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What is it and do you get it at Walgreen's or Walmart
Are you talking about Ultra Tiger Balm and if so, I'm sure the above two sell it.

Topricin is another huge favorite of mine. So much of my body I can't reach so I have learned to live with pain and only hope ibuprofen doesn't do me in.

If insurance paid and helped, I would get PRP all over my body. Money is the major obstacle...I'm convinced more and more it's the way to go.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-08-2018 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-08-2018, 11:09 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,731,276 times
Target also.

I think I'll try it. I have so much pain from head to toe that it has to help with something I have. LOL!

Old 11-08-2018, 05:19 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,691,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I guess you have never had severe pain because there is no way that taking Tylenol and ibuprofen can help severe pain. If you have never been prescribed opioids, then you have never been in severe pain. I could go on and on but it would only make me aggravated.
There is no uniform way to describe pain or treat pain. There are some people who can’t take opioids and actually do better with NSAIDs and Tylenol because the side effects from the opioids are worse. There are also types of pain that simply aren’t responsive to opioid pain medications, so why is a doctor going to prescribe it?

Old 11-30-2018, 05:59 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,677,955 times
I am a senior and had a rotator cuff tear. Doctor tried cortisone and tried to let it heal on it's own. Finally did an MRI which indicated bone spur and tear. I had heard horror stories about the surgery so was very apprehensive. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. Used ice machine an hour on and hour off for six days, advil and tylenol. Started exercises after 3 days. Two weeks and I don't have to wear sling in house, exercise 4X a day and driving.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:05 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,828,275 times
I was diagnosed with tendinosis in my right supraspinatus tendon (based on MRI). Injured it somehow 6 months ago, but never felt the injury happen.
Had a blood injection, then prolotherapy, neither helped, now trying acupuncture and rolfing. Also taking supplements that are supposed to help it heal. Do not understand why it's taking so long to see improvement ... very frustrated. In 2 weeks it will be exactly 6 months with this pain. It's not even a tear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness