Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:22 AM

538 posts, read 385,920 times

Advertisements

I have a dr appt next month but wonder if this sounds worrisome. My pants are tighter and stomach bloated, sticking out. I thought I had gained weight since I hadn’t been dieting recently (always exercise though at Lear a half hour a day but always have done that). Weighed myself and have lost 20 lbs. I checked this on 2 different scales. It’s not like I lost 20 lbs all of a sudden but have been losing for about a year. In the last month I’ve lost 3 lbs and been eating like crap. (Not proud of that). Although my stomach sometimes feels like I’m 6 months pregnant and I can’t wear jeans because I’m self conscious of my stomach and it’s too uncomfortable to sit. I know this can happen before or during your period but this most days unless I eat only protein. Of course I think about cancer or liver failure. My coworker had liver failure and he got so skinny except his stomach looked like a basketball. Could be food allergies also but how am losing weight when I haven’t changed anything in the last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 12:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Ovarian cancer and pancreatic cancer are other serious considerations. Of course you should go to the doctor NOW and not wait until next month. Why would you even ask such a question?

Old 02-17-2019, 12:10 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I have a dr appt next month but wonder if this sounds worrisome. My pants are tighter and stomach bloated, sticking out. I thought I had gained weight since I hadn’t been dieting recently (always exercise though at Lear a half hour a day but always have done that). Weighed myself and have lost 20 lbs. I checked this on 2 different scales. It’s not like I lost 20 lbs all of a sudden but have been losing for about a year.
I would go to the ER and get a transvaginal ultrasound tonight.

But also, don't freak out. My mother had a grapefruit sized ovarian cyst. She first became aware of it watching a tv show about cancer. She had lost some weight because the cyst was making her feel full easier. But what made her go was vaginal bleeding at the age of 68. But all turned out to be something benign.

That being said, it if is not a cyst, you need to find out right now.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:14 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
OP: Could be you are eating bloating foods. I know many women especially with stomach bloating and I don't have a flat pancake stomach. So much is hormonal. Running to docs? If that gives you comfort go for it.

This info may give you some insight:

https://glutenintoleranceschool.com/...ance-bloating/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-17-2019 at 12:30 PM..

Old 02-17-2019, 12:30 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Please go to the ER or doctor immediately. I had a friend who dropped 20 lbs but was bloated. Cervical cancer. Please don't delay.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:32 PM

I didn’t mention above that I am l overweight. Trying to still loose another 40 lbs and my stomach has never been flat.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:52 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: Could be you are eating bloating foods. I know many women especially with stomach bloating and I don't have a flat pancake stomach. So much is hormonal. Running to docs? If that gives you comfort go for it.

This info may give you some insight:

https://glutenintoleranceschool.com/...ance-bloating/
I was worried about this and it turned out I likely had a bad reaction to a medication. It was causing horrible night sweats as well as digestive symptoms/weight loss. I was glad I went to the doctors though. I have had a friend who had a large tumor removed (think grapefruit sized) but thankfully it was benign. There can be other causes like endometriosis as well. That is hormonal too, but there is help available. It is absolutely better to be safe than sorry of something is truly wrong.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:54 PM

It might be hormonal because without being too explicit, I don’t have any juices flowing if you know what I mean. I’m 44 so I’m old.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:19 PM

250 posts, read 182,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
It might be hormonal because without being too explicit, I don’t have any juices flowing if you know what I mean. I’m 44 so I’m old.
Oh, lordy, you are not old! Women have babies at your age these days. Do what the other posters said. Get a vaginal ultrasound stat.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:29 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Unless this happened overnight, call doc on next business day. ER not needed otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness