Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 01:45 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,432,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Too much preservatives is the problem. Americans eat too much foods loaded with preservatives so their gut doesn't have any bio-diversity.

I hear people say they are afraid of eating fermented stuff because their belly always feel funny afterwards.

That is the clear sign that you have an overly sensitive belly due to have very little bio diversity.

It is also important to eat foods that help increase your stomach digestive enzymes which can help prevent cancer.

You hear so many Americans with cancer but in some countries, cancer is quite uncommon because they eat a lot of fresh produce, fruits, and vegs that are high in digestive enzymes. Americans eat too much processed foods that do not contain any enzyme building fluids. That's why colorectal cancer is so high. Having strong natural digestive enzymes can prevent cancer.
Better yet, "why is it allowable for most of the ingredients of a classic, home-cooked meal to contain such preservatives if it known that they are so harmful?"

SOME foods have non-GMO, or organic alternatives. Not all do, not by a long shot. If you "gray out" everything on store shelves containing these substances, you'd lose more than half your selection.

Stop allowing allowing the cheapest options to kill thrifty people, or those who aren't "choosing" to be thrifty, by choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 01:50 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,637,474 times
It’s not just anti-bacterials that we abuse. Get a load of this FrankenFungus from Hell.

““We have no idea where it’s coming from. We’ve never heard of it. It’s just spread like wildfire,’” Dr. Rhodes said she was told. She agreed to help the hospital identify the fungus’s genetic profile and clean it from rooms.

Under her direction, hospital workers used a special device to spray aerosolized hydrogen peroxide around a room used for a patient with C. auris, the theory being that the vapor would scour each nook and cranny. They left the device going for a week. Then they put a “settle plate” in the middle of the room with a gel at the bottom that would serve as a place for any surviving microbes to grow, Dr. Rhodes said.

Only one organism grew back. C. auris.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ecy/ar-BBVFPi7

Old 04-06-2019, 02:41 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,266,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I remember good old Lava soap growing up if there was a lot of dirt to wash off.
They still sell it. I use it after I've been working in the garden.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:56 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
...I remember good old lava soap growing up if there was a lot of dirt to wash off.
Yes - when we were extra dirty we had to use that with a little brush on our elbows and knees! Youch!

Old 04-06-2019, 03:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Ah, Lava and Fels Napta, grew up with these two. The younger here probably don't have a clue.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:53 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
I always say a little dirt keeps your immune system on its toes.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:51 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
The newer Lava soap is wimpy, compared to the original, old black Lava, which gave it its name. It was hard and durable and contained little bits of pumice. We had a bar of it on the sink in our garage, where we washed after working in the garden or with our livestock and it lasted for about 5 years.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:58 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
In the 1990s, parents hosed their kids down with anti-bacterial.

I can't believe no one thought this through.

Now all of these adults that were kids then are allergic to everything.

When I was growing up, I had never even heard of a food allergy. A few people were allergic to poison ivy. I could roll around in the stuff and it wouldn't bother me.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:50 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,179,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
It’s not just anti-bacterials that we abuse. Get a load of this FrankenFungus from Hell.

““We have no idea where it’s coming from. We’ve never heard of it. It’s just spread like wildfire,’” Dr. Rhodes said she was told. She agreed to help the hospital identify the fungus’s genetic profile and clean it from rooms.

Under her direction, hospital workers used a special device to spray aerosolized hydrogen peroxide around a room used for a patient with C. auris, the theory being that the vapor would scour each nook and cranny. They left the device going for a week. Then they put a “settle plate” in the middle of the room with a gel at the bottom that would serve as a place for any surviving microbes to grow, Dr. Rhodes said.

Only one organism grew back. C. auris.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ecy/ar-BBVFPi7
Yep, I started a thread on that in the general H&W forum here. Not getting much traction, lol. I live in one of the five most infested states in the country.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:21 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I've recently become very interested in the idea of feeding our "microbiome" for better health.

That is, developing and keeping a thriving colony of "good bacteria" in our bodies.

So first you consume living fermented foods - kimchi, yoghurt, pickled fermented ginger, miso, etc., and then you feed it with lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, and legumes, beans, leafy vegetables, barley, quinoa, limes, etc.

I'm feeling the effects - and it's funny what you stop craving once you start eating this way.
Me too. In case you didn't know, you can buy kits (I use Amazon) to make your own fermented products (I make Kombucha).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness