Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 12:25 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

I just think keeping germs away from the face/mouth is just plain smart.

As for the most germy stuff we deal with, it's money, paper and coins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 04:49 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
It's too late for me. I've been kissed by so many dogs over the years that being careful now is sort of like shutting the barn door after the horse gets out. If it was gonna happen, it would've happened already.

At my age, I've decided it's time to live a little. Let the dogs lick my face. Cuddle a stray cat. Eat the raw cookie dough. Drive down the road without seat belts on (that felt great!). I'm tired of being safe and sane and careful so I can what? Live to be 100? I'm over the hill already and I'm not going to waste any more years of my life not doing anything fun or enjoying myself because I might, gee, die from something.

Besides, if I did live to be 100, everyone would hate me because they'd ask what I attributed my long life to. And I'd answer: atheism, chocolate, not having kids, no vegetables, and eating lots and lots of bacon.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:09 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Not ot blame dogs or other animals.
I had several patients that went in for a minor procedure and woke up a trilateral or quadrilateral amputees. One had appendicitis. One had minor heart condition. One was really sick, I'll grant her that.

When something goes askew during surgery and patient literally starts dying, they introduce some sort of a drug that pulls blood to main organs only. Kills circulation in limbs.
That's in 21st century ORs.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I had several patients that went in for a minor procedure and woke up a trilateral or quadrilateral amputees. One had appendicitis. One had minor heart condition. One was really sick, I'll grant her that.

When something goes askew during surgery and patient literally starts dying, they introduce some sort of a drug that pulls blood to main organs only. Kills circulation in limbs.
This is a TAD off topic but are you a surgeon? And so many here wonder why I want to avoid surgeries as I talk on that subject. People do die on the table too.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:06 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just think keeping germs away from the face/mouth is just plain smart.

As for the most germy stuff we deal with, it's money, paper and coins.
That’s a good observation and one most people probably don’t give a thought to. Anyway, it’s a good case for using hand sanitizers and washing hands before eating, especially after a day of being out in the public and having your hands come in contact with zillions of germs.

After the dog licked her wound, if she had washed the sore with plenty of soap and hot water and finished with a topical antibacterial cream and a bandage, she might have been able to prevent all that she went through.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:09 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
It's too late for me. I've been kissed by so many dogs over the years that being careful now is sort of like shutting the barn door after the horse gets out. If it was gonna happen, it would've happened already.

At my age, I've decided it's time to live a little. Let the dogs lick my face. Cuddle a stray cat. Eat the raw cookie dough. Drive down the road without seat belts on (that felt great!). I'm tired of being safe and sane and careful so I can what? Live to be 100? I'm over the hill already and I'm not going to waste any more years of my life not doing anything fun or enjoying myself because I might, gee, die from something.

Besides, if I did live to be 100, everyone would hate me because they'd ask what I attributed my long life to. And I'd answer: atheism, chocolate, not having kids, no vegetables, and eating lots and lots of bacon.
Good one! And I agree, none of us will make it out alive.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
That’s a good observation and one most people probably don’t give a thought to. Anyway, it’s a good case for using hand sanitizers and washing hands before eating, especially after a day of being out in the public and having your hands come in contact with zillions of germs.

After the dog licked her wound, if she had washed the sore with plenty of soap and hot water and finished with a topical antibacterial cream and a bandage, she might have been able to prevent all that she went through.
I think it's just good practice to wash hands when coming in from being out and with the public, and I'm not paranoid about germs and never bought the sanitizer stuff. But just have no desire to kiss animals, bugs, fleas, germs etc etc...nope.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-05-2019 at 07:25 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 12:21 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

I guess that solves everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post

Yes, scary. I don't want to be in ANY hospitals, etc. if I can help it either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I think it's just good practice to wash hands when coming in from being out and with the public, and I'm not paranoid about germs and never bought the sanitizer stuff. But just have no desire to kiss animals, bugs, fleas, germs etc etc...nope.
Right, it's plain common sense to wash hand when you get home. And I should do this more often, but Iwipe down the doorknobs, handles, & phones in my own apt to cut down on germs.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:03 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
I came home today and immediately ate a sandwich. I did not wash my hands first, and I'm pretty sure I handled some money. I hope I make it through the night.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:52 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I came home today and immediately ate a sandwich. I did not wash my hands first, and I'm pretty sure I handled some money. I hope I make it through the night.

You can make light of it. But money, and worse the carts and carrying baskets at the supermarket. They never wash those things. Some stores do have those had wipes by the baskets. Imagine how many people use those just in one day, and how long germs can live on that surface. Go shopping, handle money, make a sandwich and not wash. You might as well be using some one else's hands to be eating with. Who knows where their fingers have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness