Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2021, 04:56 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times

Advertisements

This article may interest people here generally, but I also have a specific question: Is an air cleaner the same thing as an air purifier? Or how are they different?

How to Keep the Coronavirus at Bay Indoors

https://worldnewsera.com/news/how-to...t-bay-indoors/

I didn't know that humidifiers can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 05:08 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
This article may interest people here generally, but I also have a specific question: Is an air cleaner the same thing as an air purifier? Or how are they different?

How to Keep the Coronavirus at Bay Indoors

https://worldnewsera.com/news/how-to...t-bay-indoors/

I didn't know that humidifiers can help.
IMHO, an air purifier or an air cleaner may be different manufacturer's terms for the same thing. Both may alter or treat the incoming air in some way before expelling it again. Adding ozone, adding or exchanging ions, using a disinfecting chemical or process to disable biologically active particulates. As your linked article stated, there can be unintended consequences to ozone and ionizers. OTOH, an air filter may do nothing more than remove and trap unwanted particulates. The air they expel is chemically much the same, just minus a few ingredients that can irritate your respiratory tract; dust, pollen, mold spores, dander. I think you'd need to compare specific products to figure out what they claim they will or won't do to the air. The humidifier affect makes sense. Not only does higher humidity make things harsher for airborne viral particles, it also keeps the mucus membranes in your respiratory tract healthier which increases your resistance to infections.

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-21-2021 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness