Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 01:23 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times

Advertisements

I use Manuka honey. Did a "great" job stabbing myself with a knife while using it to break up some spices. Really needed stitches but was making dinner and the meal must go on.... It bled for hours but once it lessened a bit I covered it with the honey and several tight bandaids. It's invisible now.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:01 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
it happened almost a week ago, can I still start using this now and for how long should I use it? How long will it take for the scar to go away?

Soon as is starts scabbing over

As for how long, that depends on you

Old 01-24-2020, 11:39 AM

525 posts, read 339,855 times
Aquaphor doesn't work. I have been using this cream for the entire week and the scar is still there. Anyone know of a product that actually works and works fast?

Old 01-24-2020, 02:09 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
As posters tried to explain to you before, it takes time. One week isn't enough time for a scar to fade, even using Aquaphor or other scar reducing products.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
As posters tried to explain to you before, it takes time. One week isn't enough time for a scar to fade, even using Aquaphor or other scar reducing products.

so how long? reducing? I want it ALL to go away. I won't be taking any pictures until it's entirely gone and I will continue using a bandaid on it during the day. 1. Because I don't like seeing it. 2. Because I don't want others to see it. 3. I need something that works more than reducing----- TAKING AWAY ALL OF IT. FAST. NOW. If you don't have anything positive to say about my scar then don't say it.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:27 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Aquaphor doesn't work. I have been using this cream for the entire week and the scar is still there. Anyone know of a product that actually works and works fast?
You expected a scar to "disappear" in a week??

Newsflash...most scars don't disappear....ever

You mentioned your acne scars, have they gone away???

When skin is cut it heals by forming scar, the amount of scar tissue formed varies based on many factors including depth and width of wound, how it was treated initially, genetic factors (keloid or hypertrophic scarring), manipulation of wound, overall health, smoking status, etc etc etc

The best products for scar minimization (really the best you can hope for) seem to be the silicone based products like someone here already mentioned

Avoiding sun exposure to the healing wound over the first few months is also important as someone else mentioned.

Bottom line is it takes 6-12 months for a wound to go through the various stages of healing, scar formation and scar remodeling which is the last and longest stage.

There is no magic cure that will miraculously make a scar disappear in a week, a month or a year.....

After a year there are options like dermabrasion, laser treatment etc but they don't always work either.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:41 AM

Anyone know of any products that actually take away scars ENTIRELY and FAST? Aquaphor isn't for scars like someone mentioned here. It's not even mentioned on the back of this product's label so your dermatologist is wrong whoever told me it is. I even contacted the company and they said so.

Old 01-25-2020, 08:39 AM

774 posts, read 1,049,236 times
My wife and I use a product called newgel+. Its a silicone gel with vitamin e in it (I think). It doesn't get rid of the scar completely but it definitely fades and reduces it within a few weeks. I have a 20 inch long scar on my left knee from surgery, and the newgel+ reduced it considerably. Originally it was swollen with a noticable bump above the rest of the skin. after only a week or so of using it the ridge was level with the rest of the skin

Old 01-25-2020, 10:27 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You expected a scar to "disappear" in a week??

Newsflash...most scars don't disappear....ever

You mentioned your acne scars, have they gone away???

When skin is cut it heals by forming scar, the amount of scar tissue formed varies based on many factors including depth and width of wound, how it was treated initially, genetic factors (keloid or hypertrophic scarring), manipulation of wound, overall health, smoking status, etc etc etc

The best products for scar minimization (really the best you can hope for) seem to be the silicone based products like someone here already mentioned

Avoiding sun exposure to the healing wound over the first few months is also important as someone else mentioned.

Bottom line is it takes 6-12 months for a wound to go through the various stages of healing, scar formation and scar remodeling which is the last and longest stage.

There is no magic cure that will miraculously make a scar disappear in a week, a month or a year.....

After a year there are options like dermabrasion, laser treatment etc but they don't always work either.
The OP doesn’t even have a scar. He still has a wound that is healing. He needs to help it heal first and then work on the scar.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:04 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
You found Mederma. It’s a scar reducing cream. But it will take longer than a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness