Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 06:50 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times

Advertisements

https://www.self.com/story/colonosco...y_GenericOpens

Quote:
Welcome to Colonoscopy Prep 101: a Class No One Actually Takes But We’ll All Definitely Need. Look, a colonoscopy—which is when a medical professional essentially inserts a long, flexible tube into your butt—can be a spectacularly useful tool when it comes to detecting changes or abnormalities in your colon (the longest part of your large intestine) and your rectum (the part of your large intestine closest to your anus). This can help your doctor investigate a range of weird gut and butt symptoms, like abdominal pain, persistent bleeding when you poop, or chronic constipation. It’s also one way doctors can screen for colorectal cancer.

For all its benefits, though, getting a colonoscopy is kind of like going to the dentist times a zillion: You know it can make a huge difference for your health, but it’s honestly scary and seems like the opposite of a nice way to spend your time. Luckily, some gastroenterologists have come to the rescue. Here, doctors explain 12 ways to make getting a colonoscopy a heck of a lot easier.

Also, ask Doc about Clenpiq (Liquid form of Prepopid, that was discontinued) Much lower volume and easier to take with less discomfort
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 11:58 AM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
mix prep with vodka.
it's a clear liquid which
meets the stipulations.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:01 PM

962 posts, read 612,180 times
My tip:

Do it without anesthesia.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:16 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
mix prep with vodka.
it's a clear liquid which
meets the stipulations.

Works for me!

Old 02-04-2020, 06:49 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
My tip:

Do it without anesthesia.
The anesthesia was the best part of the whole deal. It's the closest thing to time travel I've ever experienced. Talking to the doc prior to anesthesia and one second later I'm waking up in recovery. It literally felt like the clock skipped 30 minutes ahead when I blinked. I'd consider doing another one just for that experience.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:55 AM

962 posts, read 612,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
The anesthesia was the best part of the whole deal. It's the closest thing to time travel I've ever experienced. Talking to the doc prior to anesthesia and one second later I'm waking up in recovery. It literally felt like the clock skipped 30 minutes ahead when I blinked. I'd consider doing another one just for that experience.
When I refused anesthesia, the nurse asked if I was an anesthesiologist.

I replied, No, why?

And she said, all the anesthesiologists do it awake.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
When I refused anesthesia, the nurse asked if I was an anesthesiologist.

I replied, No, why?

And she said, all the anesthesiologists do it awake.
If you are epileptic, you absolutely should take anesthesia. Versed, the most commonly administered anesthetic during a colonoscopy, is an anticonvulsant. I always take it per the orders of my neurologist.

Old 02-05-2020, 04:55 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
I guess I just like the idea of supervised large-dose drug use in a clinical setting. I am equally good with peyote buttons and a drum circle in the desert.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:19 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
If you are epileptic, you absolutely should take anesthesia. Versed, the most commonly administered anesthetic during a colonoscopy, is an anticonvulsant. I always take it per the orders of my neurologist.
  • Because a colonoscopy incites convulsions?
  • Because an epileptic can always use extra drugs?
  • Or do you really mean that if an epileptic actually needs anesthesia for any procedure then Versed is the drug of choice due to its anticonvulsant properties?

Old 02-05-2020, 05:38 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Oh yeah, that milk of amnesia they pump is a hoot. IMO only IV morphine is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness